• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Preist Willis visit went well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Preist Willis with some 'interesting' tweets about the weather etc. in Nebraska....I hope he is kidding...because I can't believe he thought it would be warm in Lincoln...sounds like he would rather be anywhere than Nebraska....

http://mobile.twitter.com/pwillisjr3?p=s

Last edited:

Weather does matter...another hurdle we have to overcome. It's tough to schedule kids early during their seasons w/o night games at Memorial. The flight schedules and connections work against us too. Otherwise, you wouldn't try to being a CA kid in this late if you could help it.

Wait until he sees the atmosphere in the stadium....that should help things.

Stupid airline with their stale pretzels and watered down oj...screwing up our recruiting.:banghead:;)

sounds like he woke up mad and went from there...

Actually it looks like he was upset because he wasn't smart enough to understand geography..or to look at Weather.com before leaving home - only packed summer clothes.

He was upset about the temperature even before the plane ride and then the plane trip wasn't good...something about his neighbor talking and the food comments. Sounds a little pretentious.

So after the East Stadium expansion, should we install some large heaters too? :Biggrin:

Last edited:

How much do you think weather does play into a recruit's decision? I am smart enough to understand that it is much more likely for a northern recruit to be less concerned with cold weather than one from the south. I would think that a winning team, playing time, and playing style along with liking the coaches is more important. I think the historical tradition is less important and than our fan base is more of an equalizer than anything.

If he wants to play in the nfl he will most likely be playing for a cold weather team may as well get used to it now.

Location is huge...along with relationships....two biggest things....

Getting kids from the west coast and FL are tough because of that....and always have been....

How much do you think weather does play into a recruit's decision? I am smart enough to understand that it is much more likely for a northern recruit to be less concerned with cold weather than one from the south. I would think that a winning team, playing time, and playing style along with liking the coaches is more important. I think the historical tradition is less important and than our fan base is more of an equalizer than anything.

I don't disagree....but easier said than done when they still control where they can play....last time they will have any control over that...

If he wants to play in the nfl he will most likely be playing for a cold weather team may as well get used to it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back