• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Predict Nebraska's Bowl Destination

Where Will Nebraska Go Bowling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michighan is BCS elgible now....#12 in the Coaches Poll and probally will be about the same in the Harris Poll and if you look at their SOS they should be a lock even with the computers....and the Capitol One has pretty much said they would bypass MSU for Nebraska....as they played there last year and got beat 49-7 by Alabama....

I think you may be right in this senario, bc Mich St got stomped last year, but I dont think Mich will get in a BCS bowl therefore the Outback will pick MSU. I hope I am wrong, believe me I hope

I am a tool... I just dont want to be disappointed. I have a feeling Mich State will be chosen over us (way ahead of us in the polls) and Mich will not be in BCS. I think our 20 rank will effect us more than we think. Of course this is just my opinion

Not impossible -- but I'd give that a 1 in 20 chance of happening.

First, it is relying on Michigan not being in the BCS... it might be close, but I think they'll make it. If they are BCS #14 (or higher), a BCS bowl will take them -- because it will be huge for TV ratings. We'll see.

Second, the Capital One bowl will not take Michigan State. They were just there last season -- and were destroyed by Alabama. Michigan State fans would have little desire to return -- and the Capital One bowl knows that. They would only take Michigan over Nebraska -- but again, that's with your assumption they don't make the BCS. The scenario if that did happen, however, would leave the Outback to choose between Nebraska and Michigan State. And while MSU didn't go there, it is another Florida bowl game for them -- and knowing Nebraska fans haven't been to that state in quite awhile, I believe the Outback knows which fan base will more likely help fill their stadium.

We will put more butts in seats than MSU for two reasons:

1. Past history of NE fans traveling well.
2. Family budgets will keep MSU fans home that went to the game yesterday.

I agree with all of that, I am probably putting too much stock into the "husker.com, Insight Bowl ticket error"... Why would they do that?

I agree with all of that, I am probably putting too much stock into the "husker.com, Insight Bowl ticket error"... Why would they do that?

Because they know HuskerMax members are paying close attention -- and they wanted an entertaining reaction. :)

I explained this in one of the other threads - when there is a time sensitive announcement to be made online - the development team often builds out pages to represent all realistic scenarios, so they can go live within seconds of it becoming official. Chances are Huskers.com has pages built for 3-4 different bowls and accidently pushed the Insight Bowl page live.

The same reason lemmings follow each other over the cliff.

Capital One against Arkansas (the state that had to take most of their name from a neighboring state). You know, I'm trying to think of one good thing that came from Arkansas. The only thing I can think of is Tyson's Chicken....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back