• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Practice #10 (4/14/18)

So, is this guy Dirk Chatlain's mini me? Who knows what is going to happen, he could be the second coming of TO or he could be the second coming of Bo. If he gets these kids to play hard, recruits the best locally and has them play with passion and heart, if he goes 9-4 (which according to this guy is mediocrity) I will still be happy.

It's fine if he wants to speculate on if this works out. But to make comments about Frost failing at Oregon as OC is just not accurate.

"One thing should not be forgotten: going undefeated in this era of college football is a very difficult thing to do. Frost should be given credit as a good head coach for accomplishing that feat, but certain details from his resume pose many red flags that hint he could just be average and won’t rise to the lofty expectations coming from Nebraska faithful."

"Kool-Aid lovers, fear not. I'm on top of it."

video-undefined-255FBC2900000578-312_636x358.jpg

Last edited:
So, is this guy Dirk Chatlain's mini me? Who knows what is going to happen, he could be the second coming of TO or he could be the second coming of Bo. If he gets these kids to play hard, recruits the best locally and has them play with passion and heart, if he goes 9-4 (which according to this guy is mediocrity) I will still be happy.
I just now opened the article and skimmed it. Getting these kids to play hard with passion and heart will allow the record of this upcoming season take care of itself.

So the contention by that guy is that Frost might not have been as good of a coach when he was younger and inexperienced, but had more success after his experience grew (including taking a winless team to undefeated in 3 years). But . . . he had flaws when he was younger?

Wow . . . that's going out on a limb.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

It's fine if he wants to speculate on if this works out. But to make comments about Frost failing at Oregon as OC is just not accurate.

It's just lazy to report on record and bowl games only. Conveniently ignoring the fact that even with the loss of Heisman winner Marcus Mariota, the 2015 Oregon team still finished 4th in the country in offense. Then to also leave out the next year, without Frost, the offense dropped down to 27th after 3 consecutive top 5 finishes with him at the OC helm.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back