• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Spring/Pre Fall Camp News Thread

Not to mention. We have most of our 3 deep back. They lost most second and third string guys and a few starters. What that means in terms of continuity.

1. Most of our 1st and 2nd team D is fully familiar with the scheme. They were not last year.
2. They had a QB and WR that were both familiar with the "new" offensive scheme. We had no one.
3. They have virtually the same offense as last year. So our D will be ready for what they see.
4. Even though we probably are starting a new QB The rest of the O is intact and any changes to positions seem to be an upgrade over last year.
5. Our starting QB last year had a less than 60% completion percentage. Additionally, 1 out of every 7 passes he threw was an INT. Add to that he only threw 1 TD.
6. We do not know what DR will do, but, if he is that bad, he will be a historically bad highly rated recruit.
7. add to that we had 3 fumbles in the game. Hopefully we will look better than that at RB this year.
8. Looking again at the passing game, I remember very few passes hitting our WR in stride last year. All of the available film on DR shows him hitting WR in stride at all levels.
9. We have 10 returning starters on offense, and some of those positions even got upgrades in the off season. (See WR and RB)
10. We have 7 returning starters on D including the 2 DT. Shedeur better get a lot of cardio because I suspect he will be running away a lot in this game.

11. My biggest concern is our kicking game.

To be fair all three fumbles were Jeff Sims and the RBs had 0

Fully agree that on paper, we should win this game. Consistently winning the games we should on paper will be an important step.

Is this a game where that happens?

(Also, kudos on the Monty Python clip :thumbsup: )

Until we regularly start win the games that we should, I am nervous about every game on the schedule including this one.

Matt Rhule on Greg McElroy's show this week. He says Isaiah Neyor has the speed to “take the top off” defenses. “If you’re going to try to play man coverage, we’re going to try and run by you. If you’re going to try to play quarters coverage, we want to try and run by you. And we weren’t able to do that very much last year.”

Matt Rhule on Greg McElroy's show this week. He says Isaiah Neyor has the speed to “take the top off” defenses. “If you’re going to try to play man coverage, we’re going to try and run by you. If you’re going to try to play quarters coverage, we want to try and run by you. And we weren’t able to do that very much last year.”

And that will keep safeties from creeping down

Until we regularly start win the games that we should, I am nervous about every game on the schedule including this one.
Bingo. I like Matt Rhule although I was more on the side of hiring Fickell. Rhule is the only guy we have had since Osborne who has embraced the Husker way rather than coming in trying to change everything about the program. Callahan and Bo tried to bully their way to win. That may have worked for Devaney but that was a different time. Mike Reilly was the "nice guy" and that didn't work. Frost should have worked but he believed his hype and forgot to coach. I used to get bored with the first four games on the schedule (although that tie the first game of the season with LSU in 1976 still stings). Losing to Colorado or Troy or some other mid major puts the program behind the eight ball and in the Big Ten you just can't get away with that.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back