• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post Season - WNIT!! (L, 55-64 @ Kansas in the WNIT Super 16! Husker's Season-Finished)

Official. Our corner of the bracket. Wednesday at 6 pm Lincoln time.
1678732169929.png

No tv until the finals?

I have no idea if they'll let the teams do their own streaming. No ticketing information right away either. I'd like to think Nebraska didn't get caught off guard as I thought it was common knowledge they'd be toward the top of the NIT seeds and likely hosting. The family is on spring break this week, so considering the 5 1/2 hour drive to Lincoln for the Wednesday game.

I'd expect the video to be streamed by a subscruption service like FloHoops or something. But since the game is in Lincoln I suppose there is a chance NEB Public Net might carry it.

First I'd heard about the automatic Bid. Probably because the NCAA field hadn't been yet announced.

Lincoln - The Nebraska women's basketball team earned its third consecutive postseason berth on Sunday night, when the Huskers were selected to play in the Women's National Invitational Tournament.

The Huskers (16-14) claimed the Big Ten Conference's automatic bid into the 64-team field after finishing with an 8-10 league mark. Nebraska, which closed the season at No. 43 in the NCAA NET rankings, is hopeful to host a first-round game in the 64-team field, which begins with first-round play March 15-17. The full bracket for the field will be announced on Monday.

I hate to think ahead, but I cannot find a list of seeds anywhere. Do we know who the number one seed in Nebraska’s group is? Stated differently, how many home games are possible?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read that teams can bid on hosting games, so it might not depend as much on seeding. NIT is interested in having as full arena as possible.

I hate to think ahead, but I cannot find a list of seeds anywhere. Do we know who the number one seed in Nebraska’s group is? Stated differently, how many home games are possible?

Here's something from Wikipedia:

Since the WNIT is a for-profit tournament, all games are played on the site of the higher bidding team. The national championship game is currently carried on CBS Sports Network. Teams can host in the first round for a guarantee of $6,500 a game and in the second round for $7,500 a game. Early-round pairings are regionalized as much as possible in order to minimize missed class time and travel costs."

Based on the spot on the bracket, I think the Huskers are the #1 seed in the group. But, as has been mentioned, there is a bidding process for hosting. Not sure if it is a set amount and higher seed gets first choice or it is a blind seed with higher bid getting to host or something else.

Last edited:
6500 hundred for first rnd and then 7500 hundred for second rnd. Not sure how much after that.

Lady Huskers Defeat Missouri State Lady Bears, 74-65; Advance :Bow: to Play the Winner of Colorado State, Northern Iowa game. Date, Time & Place TBA!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back