• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Post On MA From Another Board

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
This comes from 247Sports' Nebraska Board -- New home of Huskers Illustrated. Thought I'd share it. :)

I don't think he will, but I'm wondering if Mike isn't forcing his hand. Realistically MA should have been let go a long time ago and I know Tom doesn't want to hire a new baseball coach. But....

Think about it this way, if Mike misses the Big XII tourney....again...

Imagine if the football team finished in the bottom 2 of the conference 3 years in a row.

Imagine if attendance at football games declined to half during that streak.

Imagine if we lost 14 Big XII games in a row, except 2 meaningless season finales when we had no shot at anything.

Imagine if we lost 19 of 22 Big XII games over the last few years with the two wins above and 1 win against the team that finished last in the conference that year.

Imagine if that team hadn't won a road game in 3 seasons.

Imagine if that coach was one of the highest paid coaches in the Big XII.

How long do you think it would take Dr Tom to get rid of that coach? I know it's not a 1 to 1 comparison, but there is zero reason he should be kept. ZERO. I'm a guy who generally never wants to fire a coach...this is new territory for me.

Posted by "sklarbodds" at the following link:
http://nebraska.247sports.com/Board/142/Mike-Anderson-1697653/1

Yet if TO was still AD and our football program had this kind of record, certain posters would probably say it's progress and none of the rest of us know what we were talking about.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back