• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal talk

What does he get from USC? I wasn't aware schools could pay athletes NIL money in any way.
Someone may have already answered this, but if not I'll swing back through and answer.

Schools don't directly make payments to athletes. However, Collectives (which are independent of the university) pool together money from boosters and businesses to facilitate NIL deals for athletes. This means that boosters give money to the collectives, which can then be given to the athletes. Collectives only focus on their own university's athletes and work with coaches on what athletes they'd like to target. Essentially, collectives are the middle man between schools and athletes. This way the school isn't paying them, but in reality they pretty much are.

It would be interesting to know the players that left Nebraska what was their success at their new school.
I don't know of a ton that went on to just be studs elsewhere. WanDale Robinson is the first name that pops into my. I'd assume he had the most success post-portal of those who transferred out. Adrian Martinez would be another one who had success after Nebraska. Beyond that, you have a lot of guys who might have done okay, but weren't just incredible elsewhere.

That's the kicker with the portal, the success rate isn't all that high. There are a lot of guys who enter the portal because they think they can do better. Reality is, college football is filled with "talent", but talent alone isn't enough to be great in college. There are definitely some guys who enter the portal who just need a better situation or an opportunity to get onto the field, but there are a lot more busts in it than home runs.

It's a joke that is about the town and has nothing to do with the school or football program.....

So it's very applicable :cool:
You are correct. It’s not a bad little town. I think the context of the joke is more along the lines of the jokes we make about any opponent. Kind of like Iowa and Colorado jokes.
It's a good town, but has way too many stop lights. I have spent half my life sitting at Red lights, we need to hire the guy in control of Lincolns traffic lights.

LOL

I can confirm that Manhattan KS has an airport that can handle large jets.

I flew the ScuM football team there back in 1993 on a charter. Boeing 727.

Was glorious on the way home after they tied KSU.

I kept my mouth shut.

Mostly.
We have a brand new runway, literally a month old to carry more commercial flight to hopefully more destinations.

I did two tours at Fort Riley, one starting in 1984 and one starting in 2004. Nice towns in the area and good people, nice hills and lakes. But the KSU fans were a different breed in 2004 verses 1984. The 2004 version was kind of like that psycho redhead I dated in 70s….

I did two tours at Fort Riley, one starting in 1984 and one starting in 2004. Nice towns in the area and good people, nice hills and lakes. But the KSU fans were a different breed in 2004 verses 1984. The 2004 version was kind of like that psycho redhead I dated in 70s….
That's because they had finally beaten Nebraska, they had the mindset that they were the best in the country every year after that. They're a little more grounded now, and also not real happy with Howards decision to leave, I do hope we land him as he is a solid QB. Pretty sure he left knowing the freshman would start next season over him.

Anyone else see this?

Probably on here somewhere. I just haven't seen it.

QB from Michigan State Leavitt (sp ?) talking to Nebraska?

Anyone else see this?

Probably on here somewhere. I just haven't seen it.

QB from Michigan State Leavitt (sp ?) talking to Nebraska?

That was in a thread somewhere, someone posted the flight plan where the plane was there yesterday. 2+2 is not always 4, but in this case I think it add up.

It's a good town, but has way too many stop lights. I have spent half my life sitting at Red lights, we need to hire the guy in control of Lincolns traffic lights.
I was just cracking a couple light hearted jokes. Some people are really need to learn to laugh a little :)

I go to Manhattan every few months for work. Other than some poor city planning and a real lack of local resaurants, it's fine. Whenever I am in town I go to The Fridge, and more times than not I am able to walk out with a bottle or two of Buffalo Trace.

I was just cracking a couple light hearted jokes. Some people are really need to learn to laugh a little :)

I go to Manhattan every few months for work. Other than some poor city planning and a real lack of local resaurants, it's fine. Whenever I am in town I go to The Fridge, and more times than not I am able to walk out with a bottle or two of Buffalo Trace.

LOL on the little apples city planning. The only place worse I’ve seen is Bethal, Alaska where they took meandering moose trails that eventually became city streets.

Hit me up whenever you are in town, we can have a beer...or bourbon whichever.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back