• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Please sign my Thank-You card for Rex Burkhead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
Im not big on words so maybe you guys can add something. Thanks Rex Burkhead for all that you have done for the University of Nebraska the past four years. I remember watching your recruiting. I remember the video of you in your bedroom and you were telling all of the people of Nebraska what they were going to be getting in you. Well, I can say we got waaaaay more than we could of ever imagined. You will forever be lodged in Husker Lore. You may be the most beloved Husker since Brooke Berringer. You can to Nebraska at a time when Husker football was broken. The solidarity of Husker fans were broken. You picked us up of the turf, put us on your back and carried us into the endzone! You made it good to be a Husker again!
Today as you take the field for your last game ever in Memorial stadium, your greatest fan my shed a tear or two, but with pride I will smile knowing that a Husker Legend is leaving the playing field but never leaving our hearts. My 15 year old son looks up to you as an idol. Thanks for being an example for all of the young men in Nebraska! Thanks for sharing your amazing work ethic with AA and the other backs! Thanks for being our "Superman!"

Your biggest fan on and off the field,
Cameron

Rex-

Thank you!! Team Jack, your leadership, and your effort has embodied everything that is Nebraska Football - "in the deed the glory". I had an opportunity to meet your parents in Ann Arbor and we can all see how you turned out so well. They are very proud of you as is all of Husker Nation!

Whatever team drafts you this year will immediately become one of my favorite teams in the NFL and I will follow you for your entire career. #22 will go down along with #18 as an honored number in Nebraska history.

Nicely worded, Rex you are special to all of us who follow NEBRASKA. You epitomize what it means to be a CORNHUSKER, hardworking, faithful, and a never say die attitude. I salute you.

Rex, You are a man of integrity, man of God, man of courage, man of character, a leader, a warrior, a mentor, an inspiration, an example, a winner, a great sportsman, a humble spirit, a champion heart, and a exceptional Football Player to boot.

Yes I have quite a Man Crush on this dude. Basically this guy rocks and will be dearly missed in Husker Nation.

Rex, You are a man of integrity, man of God, man of courage, man of character, a leader, a warrior, a mentor, an inspiration, an example, a winner, a great sportsman, a humble spirit, a champion heart, and a exceptional Football Player to boot.

Yes I have quite a Man Crush on this dude. Basically this guy rocks and will be dearly missed in Husker Nation.

Pretty sure we all do!

Rex,

I've watched you play since high school when you competed against my son a few times (Plano vs Plano East). I know he hated to play against you as you drove him crazy by complimenting every good hit or good play made against you and then went out and made another great play against your opponent. Was always impressed with your ability and was thrilled to see you don the Big Red. Watched as you've matured into an exceptional young man, a leader, a coach to all around you, an inspiration to your team and most importantly your relationship with Jack and your support of Team Jack! Your parents, I'm sure, are extremely proud of you and we Big Red fans have been honored to have you represent our University and our State. We all wish you luck in your future, wherever that takes you. Thanks for the last four years, it's been our pleasure! We love ya, man!

Dear Rex. I like you. Wish you well in the future and it sucks about this year. Thanks for always giving your all to the state, the fans and your teammates. Bye.

Rex-

Thank you!! Team Jack, your leadership, and your effort has embodied everything that is Nebraska Football - "in the deed the glory". I had an opportunity to meet your parents in Ann Arbor and we can all see how you turned out so well. They are very proud of you as is all of Husker Nation!

Whatever team drafts you this year will immediately become one of my favorite teams in the NFL and I will follow you for your entire career. #22 will go down along with #18 as an honored number in Nebraska history.

Well said Weinosker. Thanks Rex for all your hard work and extraordinary effort each and every time you were on the field. I have no doubt that off the field you are a man of character as well and I'm sure you conduct yourself in a way that makes HUSKER fans proud, best wishes for the future.

Last edited:
Rex, It has been a pleasure to watch you in Husker Red. I wish this year had been more what you, and us fans, wanted it to be.
It would have been nice to see you play a snap on Senior Day, but I am glad you didn't. Your health in the long term is more important.
When you play on Sunday's I can't honestly promise I will root for the NFL team you play for...LOL...but I will always be a fan of YOURS.
Thanks for everything, you will always be one of my top Huskers.

Last edited:
Thanks for being a shining star both in and out of uniform. The best of what it means to be a Husker is perfectly defined in your character. You inspire many, and this veteran salutes you. Hoping the Broncos pick you up so I can watch every Sunday.

Blessings

Dear Rex
Thanks a lot for distracting my wife with your buff arms and shoulders. She always had the game snacks ready, game on and she was ready to go each game day for your entire career. Hope you can come back next week and through the bowl game. See you in Pasadena. Your efforts with team Jack are an inspiration to us all.

A wonderful ambassador for Christ, the University of Nebraska, the Cornhusker Football Team, and Team Jack!!
You've accomplished more in a few years here in Nebraska for the good of others than some of us get to accomplish in a life time. I'm proud of you son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back