• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Please no BlackShirts

Agree with the OP and others.

If the Blackshirts are going to reflect more than just being a starter on the Huskers D, then one occurrence (game) does not equate to a trend.

Stack a few of these types of performances together… THEN let’s consider worthiness of the Blackshirts.

This was a great (and much needed) first step though.

To me Reimer deserves one. The rest still have a lot to show. Talk to me when we can consistently string a complete game together. Regardless, it has always been my theory Chinander was playing not to lose. Maybe Busch can make them a serviceable defense. If our OC can just stick with what's working perhaps we can win a few more.

Yeah tell that to a defensive player that earned one. Getting a Blackshirt is an honor and to hold that back is just a blatant kick to the sack! HC Joseph and his staff will do what's right! Let them handle the team!

Um, okay. So when they took them away was that a kick to the sack? And if they choose to not hand them out this week is that another kick to the sack? You are talking as if any of us chuckle heads have any power over the program and that is just silly nonsense.

Since you are new here I will fill you in on how I feel about them, they are just to differentiate the starters on defense and are handed out before the season. No more and no less. I don't think they are something that is earned on a performance basis other than becoming a starter. If a player takes over as a starter during the season then he gets the one from the guy he replaced. It really is pretty simple.

But the point of my post is how every time after Bo would hand them out in the middle of the season the defense would lay a big egg the following week. Since they were taken away after the OU game just leave them in the closet, no more distractions.

C

Last edited:

If it means to represent the starting defense, they should have them. If not, then maybe this tradition needs to go away.
I think several of the players over the years have said it represents a lifestyle that is earned when you live by the code.
I agree with everyone that it’s a distraction MJ doesn’t need this year. Put it away for now.

To me Reimer deserves one. The rest still have a lot to show. Talk to me when we can consistently string a complete game together. Regardless, it has always been my theory Chinander was playing not to lose. Maybe Busch can make them a serviceable defense. If our OC can just stick with what's working perhaps we can win a few more
Agree that Reimers played well but I think, after how bad the D was the first 4 games, that they need to wait at least one more game if not two. Buford is the other one that deserves one. Kid is solid and hits like a truck.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back