• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked plays we havent seen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

add "enough of" to title & I'd go with bootleg, bone (diamond) & wildcat (although me thinks that would have been more of a staple had Rex not gotten injured)

Well toss sweep, toss sweep, toss sweep, fake toss sweep QB Keeper seemed to work pretty good a couple weeks ago.

How about the play where we take the lead in the first quarter & lead the whole game instead of having to gameplan for another comeback in the second half?

By far, the play that should be run more is the nekkid bootleg. Martinez should be able to beat most guys to the corner.

Trick plays are always great to watch, but they're high-risk, high-reward.

Considering that we have a ridiculously deep stable of RBs, WRs and TEs, I'm betting that Tim Beck has never needed to rely on a trick play. Boise State required those trick plays to beat Oklahoma a few years back.

I'll venture that Beck has a few gadget plays up his sleeve but he hasn't had to resort to them. When we ran the double-lateral option against Michigan, it was still a close game and we were clawing to get back in it. I think Beck is shrewd enough to use plays to get back into games, but when we're getting blown out (See: Ohio State), there's no reason to tip your hand. Why give away your best secrets if you're going to lose anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back