• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked plays we havent seen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power of Corn

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
saw a little diamond formation for short yardage scores early against ohio st.,

saw an attempted option play to burkhead against iowa, but i cant recally any other options this yr.

only a couple wildcat formations with burkhead this year.

mite we see more of these in the coming wisc game ? hope we dont need it, and dont have to show it, it would be a nice wrinkle against stanford.

I dont really recall any reverses, or any kind of misdirection plays at all.

Any other plays we havent really seen this year ?????

Beck does not seem to be a big fan of trick plays at all. In his two years, I can recall seeing an attempted halfback pass, a couple of end arounds, and a couple of reverses (though usually the reverse is faked).

I would like to see a little more misdirection against Stanford since they do seem to have decent team speed.

How about that counter play that Helu road to a couple of long touchdowns a few years ago? Did that leave the arsenal with Watson's departure?

We still apparently don't know what a bootleg is. Martinez should be lethal with that a couple times a game--apparently we must think the NCAA has banned that play.

Stanford has a nasty front seven on defense...so the trick plays....if we have any.....that would be the game to pull them out and use them....only PAC 12 team in the Top 25 in the country for total defense (19)....their rushing defense is #1 in the country.....because of that nasty front seven....so yeah I agree with you....

Beck does not seem to be a big fan of trick plays at all. In his two years, I can recall seeing an attempted halfback pass, a couple of end arounds, and a couple of reverses (though usually the reverse is faked).

I would like to see a little more misdirection against Stanford since they do seem to have decent team speed.

He ran one a couple of games ago against MSU to the right and took it to the houes (35 yards or so as I recall)....but yeah I agree need to see it more...

We still apparently don't know what a bootleg is. Martinez should be lethal with that a couple times a game--apparently we must think the NCAA has banned that play.

i saw a misdirection play a couple years ago, and it was sweet, it started out as option to the right, and the option pitch was actually caught by a speedy reciever coming back toward the left, it was an awesome play.

as mentioned above, i'd like to see some bootleg, and some counter plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back