• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Playing time for true freshmen and a look to the future

FBWHEEL

Recruit
2 Year Member
With four games left think there might be a chance to see some guys that are the future. Am being cognizant though given the schedule that may temper the possibilities. Would really like to see the following on the field this year with the redshirt rule of being allowed to play in four games:

Ho'ohuli
Fidone
Kpai
Lutowsky
Buckly

Also, do think we beat Purdue. I know this year has been extremely frustrating; but on offense there have been only two players that have at least three total years of FBS experience as starters or significant playing time. Martinez and Allen. I didn't include Jurgens with him only as a Sophomore and going into his third year with a position he has never played. Realize this shouldn't be the case in year four with Frost but a solid foundation is now established with the right type of development and coaching. This I am guessing something Alberts will be taking into strong consideration.

With four games left think there might be a chance to see some guys that are the future. Am being cognizant though given the schedule that may temper the possibilities. Would really like to see the following on the field this year with the redshirt rule of being allowed to play in four games:

Ho'ohuli
Fidone
Kpai
Lutowsky
Buckly

Also, do think we beat Purdue. I know this year has been extremely frustrating; but on offense there have been only two players that have at least three total years of FBS experience as starters or significant playing time. Martinez and Allen. I didn't include Jurgens with him only as a Sophomore and going into his third year with a position he has never played. Realize this shouldn't be the case in year four with Frost but a solid foundation is now established with the right type of development and coaching. This I am guessing something Alberts will be taking into strong consideration.
Like you, I'd love to see these kids get some time, but with the level of competition coming up, a bowl game in sight, and recent historical context where we stay close against competitive teams, it may be really hard to get these guys any time. We would have been better off getting them minutes earlier in the season, but they probably weren't ready at that time.

I'm all about rotating players and getting young guys some quality experience, but it just might be too difficult. The scenario where I do see these guys getting reps is if we lose the next two games. No bowl game? Then yeah, lets look towards 2022 and see what we have.

Last edited:

Matt Masker is GONE off the depth chart.

What does that mean?

Has anyone heard that he is in the transfer Portal?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back