• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Players only meeting

skerinks

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
In the years past, when things turned bad, we always read or heard about players only meetings. For those of you in the know or have a finger on the pulse of this team, what is the possibility of this happening. You can only coach so much before the players have to execute. Yes, that dreaded word, execute. When is someone on the team going to get angry enough to call out the lackluster execution? Does this team have such a leader? Like everyone else, I really hate losing, but watching the same mistakes week after week is just mind boggling. GBR

In the years past, when things turned bad, we always read or heard about players only meetings. For those of you in the know or have a finger on the pulse of this team, what is the possibility of this happening. You can only coach so much before the players have to execute. Yes, that dreaded word, execute. When is someone on the team going to get angry enough to call out the lackluster execution? Does this team have such a leader? Like everyone else, I really hate losing, but watching the same mistakes week after week is just mind boggling. GBR

Lackluster? I'd agree if this was after the Illinois game, but yesterday wasn't 'lackluster' IMO. Iowa did execute better than Nebraska did and won the game because of it. Not sure a players only meeting fixes that at this point.

I don't know about a team leader right now. I have heard Miller is the guy on D, but don't know for sure. The vocal leaders in the past were also usually physical leaders on the field. When Grant Wistrom, Christian Peter or Tommie Frazier got in your ass, you listened. Not sure that guy has made himself known on the 2020 roster yet.

Who leads that meeting? Wan'Dale? AM? Bootle? We really don't have any strong firm leaders on this team who could pull this off in my opinion.

Who leads that meeting? Wan'Dale? AM? Bootle? We really don't have any strong firm leaders on this team who could pull this off in my opinion.

I think player leadership is another issue that is hurting this team. Last year, a grad transfer came to Nebraska and was instantly the team leader and alpha. That tells me quite a bit about the makeup of the locker room. A lot of these guys came from winning high school programs, they have known what leadership is. It’s all puzzling to me.

I think player leadership is another issue that is hurting this team. Last year, a grad transfer came to Nebraska and was instantly the team leader and alpha. That tells me quite a bit about the makeup of the locker room. A lot of these guys came from winning high school programs, they have known what leadership is. It’s all puzzling to me.

Scott has talked about his desire for this to develop, but hear me out. Maybe he isn't creating the environment within the locker room for it take life? Scott is very upfront and vocal about the players and maybe no one wants to step up into that roll and be singled out? I have no idea....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back