• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Player Stat Predictions?? (Catches, Yards, TDs, Sacks, INTs, etc.)

MHKHusker

Crying Jordan Face Lil' Red
5 Year Member
Just a fun offseason thread, want to hear random predictions for player stat lines, maybe some hot takes on the side

I'll go with Ervin on a 1,000 yard rushing season. Washington a 1,000 yard receiving season. On the D I'm not sure yet. Hopefully 50 sacks and 40 turnovers

Jeff Sims 22 TDs and 14 INTs, 3,000 yards passing and 450 yards rushing

I'll take the under on the passing yards and touchdowns (especially the yardage).

Sims has never reached 1,900 yards passing in a season. Casey Thompson had 2,400 yards passing last season. Also, Sims career passing completion rate is 57.5%. CT needed to complete 63.1% of his throws to reach 2,400 yards. So either Sims is going to be need to become far more accurate -- or this offense is going to need to be even more pass heavy than I'd expect. The last 3,000 yard passer at Nebraska was actually Tanner Lee. But our run game sucked that season. 1,290 yards rushing is the lowest its been since.

Sims has also been very turnover prone in his career. 23 INTs to 30 TDs is not a good ratio (19 INTs to 47 TDs for Thompson). Sims has also put the ball on the turf 17 times in his career (compared to 6 for Thompson). Jeff Sims has also been sacked 51 times in his career (43 for CT) -- that's a lot for a mobile QB who is probably not going to be playing with a great o-line in front of him.

You really are going to need everything on this offense to click and improve significantly as early in the season as possible to reach those numbers, which is probably also assuming a solid offensive line to make that happen. I tend to think if this offense will be productive in 2023, they'll need to rely on the run game more than would support a 3,000 yard passing season.

Jeff Sims may very well have a high ceiling, but coming to Lincoln, he's far more raw as a passer than Thompson was.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back