• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Photo of David Knevel signing autographs in Husker hat after annoncement

Status
Not open for further replies.
By June of last year, after shining at an Under Armour combine in Tampa, Fla., he was already the focus of a recruiting article by ESPN.com.
“There's no question that he's one of the best I have seen all (combine) season,” said one of the combine’s offensive line coaches, George Hegamin, in that article. "David is athletic enough to cover up just how raw he is. Right now he has no idea what he's doing. He just gets in front of people with his athleticism. I think this kid has a chance to be a really good one.”

And he'll be ready to play in Tim Becks offense and knock Big 10 d-lineman around, when?

What do I know about "projects"?

Twice in this article it states he is raw:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_4da54eb9-93ca-5327-aec5-acd1e3d75097.html

Again, I'm not bagging on the kid, I'm just saying, be ready for him not to play for a while. He sounds like he'll be a fine player, in 3+ years.

btw, Creighton's center, Gregory Echinique, is 6'9" and twice as thick as this kid, and only 250 lbs. Look at the picture of his arms in the link above. He's NOT 290.

It all makes sense now, someone slipped Saban a picture of Knevel in a short sleeved shirt and he backed off. Luckily none of the recruiting experts have seen his arms........phew.

Your killing me Mac...as always....:Biggrin: :lol:

Seriously though...Alabama does not recruit projects who lie about their weight....:nod:

It all makes sense now, someone slipped Saban a picture of Knevel in a short sleeved shirt and he backed off. Luckily none of the recruiting experts have seen his arms........phew.

Man this is classic. Cheese guy is right. David is not 290 but closer to 295. Was on the sidelines for tunnel walk for Penn state game and saw David up close. Huge man for an 18 year old, carries his weight well. I believe David will red shirt as per the Nebraska way of developing O linemen, and will probably work his way into a back up roll as a red shirt freshman if he earns it. Yep he is from Canada and the compition doesn't translate to major USA high schools but there are linemen that come from small towns in the USA that don't have major compitition and go on to become great players. With the Huskers it's all about working hard and earning playing time and with that only time will tell. Good luck young David and GO BIG RED

Well said my good friend...:)

Man this is classic. Cheese guy is right. David is not 290 but closer to 295. Was on the sidelines for tunnel walk for Penn state game and saw David up close. Huge man for an 18 year old, carries his weight well. I believe David will red shirt as per the Nebraska way of developing O linemen, and will probably work his way into a back up roll as a red shirt freshman if he earns it. Yep he is from Canada and the compition doesn't translate to major USA high schools but there are linemen that come from small towns in the USA that don't have major compitition and go on to become great players. With the Huskers it's all about working hard and earning playing time and with that only time will tell. Good luck young David and GO BIG RED

What do I know about "projects"?

Twice in this article it states he is raw:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_4da54eb9-93ca-5327-aec5-acd1e3d75097.html

Again, I'm not bagging on the kid, I'm just saying, be ready for him not to play for a while. He sounds like he'll be a fine player, in 3+ years.

btw, Creighton's center, Gregory Echinique, is 6'9" and twice as thick as this kid, and only 250 lbs. Look at the picture of his arms in the link above. He's NOT 290.

You're right, he's 289 tops. Now will you leave? :rolleyes:

so honest question considering the guy is a solid 6'8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of having towering linemen? just somewhat curious.

That kind of height typically comes with long arms, which are a bonus for an offensive lineman to keep defenders at bay. It allows them to engage the defender at a distance, mitigating things like the swim technique, etc. Just like reach is an asset for boxers. This is especially true for tackles doing battle with defensive ends during pass protection.

Knevel has exceptional reach, even beyond what you'd expect for someone who is 6'8". Also, the height means the player can be heavier (read: harder for a defender to shed) but still mobile since his body type will be comparatively skinnier.

In Knevel's case, I foresee a trim +320 lbs. athletic tackle with great footwork and exceptional reach. He'll be in the mix after a redshirt year.

Last edited:
From his coach in the LJS this morning

“He’s got very little body fat on him,â€￾ Chisholm said. “So at 305, 6-9, there’s just this beautiful physique. It’s not your prototypical offensive lineman’s belly … I think when they start hitting the weights down there, he’ll be comfortable, and I mean that, at 345. And he has very agile, quick feet. I think that stood out to most people. Not just the size of this kid but the way the feet move.â€￾

Believe me, when he isn't making an impact during his first or second year here, I'll be right here on this board asking "why?", because all the experts here say he's ready to play...

And he'll be ready to play in Tim Becks offense and knock Big 10 d-lineman around, when?

And your cheesey point is? Nebraska gets a 4* recruit and you think he should start as a true freshman? Pretty rare in Nebraska recruiting--back off!
There must be more to your life than backing your positions on Huskermax!

From Boston College camp where they get height and weight from every player:

David Knevel, OT: This massive Canadian prospect has been listed elsewhere as between 6-foot-7 and 6-foot-8 and around 270 pounds. Sounds massive, but it’s also not true. He’s bigger. Knevel measured in at a hair over 6-foot-9 and 285 pounds on Saturday. Looking at him, your first thought is that he has to be uncoordinated. That couldn’t be further from the truth, though, as he flew through bag drills and was capable of moving his feet well enough to hold off most everyone in 1-on-1’s. Missouri has offered, while Wisconsin, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and others are close.

Believe me, when he isn't making an impact during his first or second year here, I'll be right here on this board asking "why?", because all the experts here say he's ready to play...

For the 413,133 time, the only person here claiming he will see PT next year is you. The only person who will be concerned about him not getting PT as a FR or RFR, again, is you.

From Boston College camp where they get height and weight from every player:

David Knevel, OT: This massive Canadian prospect has been listed elsewhere as between 6-foot-7 and 6-foot-8 and around 270 pounds. Sounds massive, but it’s also not true. He’s bigger. Knevel measured in at a hair over 6-foot-9 and 285 pounds on Saturday. Looking at him, your first thought is that he has to be uncoordinated. That couldn’t be further from the truth, though, as he flew through bag drills and was capable of moving his feet well enough to hold off most everyone in 1-on-1’s. Missouri has offered, while Wisconsin, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and others are close.
Obviously Boston College needs a new tape measure and a recalibrated scale because cheese saw a small twitter pic.:Biggrin: Muscle weighs a bunch more than fat. Nobody thinks I weigh what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back