• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Phil Parker

Iowa's Athletics director is only a interim as of right now so maybe KF is trying to play the long game and wait out until new AD is hired

Last edited:

How everything transpired with DeBoer coming in, I wonder how much say Saban had in the replacement process.

It just surprised me that Bama went outside the Saban tree. Happy with Rhule so far but I think we should have cut Frost loose a year earlier and went after DeBoer.

MR is showing continuity, in fairness to the players, to his coaches and hopefully here for a long time.
I'm betting Washington was hoping the same

Something tells me his defense isn’t going to look near as good in the new BIG. Iowa won’t be playing patsies every Saturday anymore. That defense can be had when it runs into a good, to very good offense. This is the same reason why I caution about the Nebraska defense. Nebraska played 2 good offenses, and both lit it up.

Something tells me his defense isn’t going to look near as good in the new BIG. Iowa won’t be playing patsies every Saturday anymore. That defense can be had when it runs into a good, to very good offense. This is the same reason why I caution about the Nebraska defense. Nebraska played 2 good offenses, and both lit it up.
I would say our tackles weren't playing near as good then, our LBs were on the learning curve as well.
There was a let down against Michigan too.

I would say our tackles weren't playing near as good then, our LBs were on the learning curve as well.
There was a let down against Michigan too.
Just exercise caution. While the D was much improved, this league was awful in 2023. Just some bad offense in the BIG, almost the entire confrence, less 2 teams.

Just exercise caution. While the D was much improved, this league was awful in 2023. Just some bad offense in the BIG, almost the entire confrence, less 2 teams.
I was surprised to find illinois 36th in passing last year. Lack of great qb play and those defenses made the Big last year.
Michigan finished 69th in total offense for instance, behind Illinois.
Having the right combo of power run game, good qb play and a stout defense will win you nattys

Last edited:
I was surprised to find illinois 36th in passing last year. Lack of great qb play and those defenses made the Big last year.
Michigan finished 69th in total offense for instance, behind Illinois.
Having the right combo of power run game, good qb play and a stout defense will win you nattys
Michigan, had a very good offense when they wanted to use it. They preferred to keep things simple and beat teams with good defense, plus the BIG sucked, and they knew it.

I assume Michigan, but who was the 2nd good offense?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back