• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Papillon- La Vista TE Eric Ingwerson Is N (Flipped From Pitt To Nebraska)

A few thoughts.
- In the past Rhule's offenses didn't always throw to TE's much, but at Temple, in particular, he used TE's a lot in heavy sets
- With Fidone and Boerkircher we have 2 TE's who get a decent number of looks (I'd like to see more targets to them), but it's clear we're likely to keep throwing the ball to the TE's
- A lot of teams have a use for a guy who can get in the box and block like a lineman, but who has enough speed to at least get open in the short routes - this is a matchup issue for a lot of D's
- Ingwerson doesn't have Fidone style speed, but he does have good athleticism, particularly for his size and looks like he can add even more weight while maintaining his speed
- If he grows into an athletic Offense Lineman, that's OK also

Other thing to remember here is that particularly for the guys you want to be in-line blockers, you have to give them time to mature and develop the strength to match up in the B10

A few thoughts.
- In the past Rhule's offenses didn't always throw to TE's much, but at Temple, in particular, he used TE's a lot in heavy sets
- With Fidone and Boerkircher we have 2 TE's who get a decent number of looks (I'd like to see more targets to them), but it's clear we're likely to keep throwing the ball to the TE's
- A lot of teams have a use for a guy who can get in the box and block like a lineman, but who has enough speed to at least get open in the short routes - this is a matchup issue for a lot of D's
- Ingwerson doesn't have Fidone style speed, but he does have good athleticism, particularly for his size and looks like he can add even more weight while maintaining his speed
- If he grows into an athletic Offense Lineman, that's OK also

Other thing to remember here is that particularly for the guys you want to be in-line blockers, you have to give them time to mature and develop the strength to match up in the B10

Well said!

Need more 12-15 yd passes over the middle to TEs, instead of swing passes into the flat that are predictible as can be

And this right here is the crux of the issue with our offensive line. We have thrust many young guys who were not ready (Benhart and Corcoran to name a couple) into starting roles when their body and their minds were not ready. I truly believe this is one component of many that have left this team in the cellar.

And this right here is the crux of the issue with our offensive line. We have thrust many young guys who were not ready (Benhart and Corcoran to name a couple) into starting roles when their body and their minds were not ready. I truly believe this is one component of many that have left this team in the cellar.

Pretty much. We swung for the fences too often with a lot of TE-OT types who were long and lean, but never developed, and compounded the problem with an S&C that didn't get the job done

Rhule seems very pragmatic about recruiting and developing the OL and the S&C seems to have done some good work already, IMO

I agree totally agree on this!!! Back when our offensive lines were dominant, you never really heard of anyone starting until about junior year maybe. We haven't developed o lines in quite a while. At least late 90s! We seem to want to recruit these guys to come in and play right away, when it's much better to build them up over a couple training camps. But I know it's harder these days with the portal and guys won't stay unless they see the field right away!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back