• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

July 1st

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
So long PAC-12. On July 1st, officially joined B1G conference .... Trojans, Bruins, Ducks and Huskies
kivlVXb.png

Huskers celebrate too ??

Last edited:

I am bit on the fence with nostalgia weighing perhaps too heavily. That said, I think the Big 10 will be fine and the new members are likely to be a good fit. A coast to coast conference puts us right in the middle of things, literally and figuratively.

I am bit on the fence with nostalgia weighing perhaps too heavily. That said, I think the Big 10 will be fine and the new members are likely to be a good fit. A coast to coast conference puts us right in the middle of things, literally and figuratively.
If I can't have the Big 8 as it was back in the day, I'll take the Big 10 any day of the week. The Big 12 is dead to me.

Pal July 1st also ends my self imposed posting ban. Now all my pals in here can rejoice once again! I have been busy the last several months with a grass roots campaign to name the NC trophy the Nick Saban trophy. Seems fitting that he and Lombardi share something all football coaches strive for.

Last edited:

Pal July 1st also ends my self imposed posting ban. Now all my pals in here can rejoice once again! I have been busy the last several months with a grass roots campaign to name the NC trophy the Nick Saban trophy. Seems fitting that he and Lombardi share something all football coaches strive for.
How about SEC to nikis lil playground?

Zip it

RR

1719881046425.png

Last edited:

When only five core members exist anymore to me its sad.
Gone is the PAC, though there's a demographic problem that is tough.

Big eight was because of money and power, PAC because of lack of money and support.

We saw it first when we headed to the Big, no one here should be surprised. We are where we are because of who we are, same for the rest. No support from conference members, some willing to get less and get by.
Same for the PAC, many of those teams willing to settle for less while the truly supported by the fan base teams footed the bills yet was brought down by low TV revenues.
I can't blame the sooners, other than the non support back in the day.
I do blame Texas, we all do, because we all know.
I don't blame SC, UCLA, Wash and Oregon, just like Okie,

When only five core members exist anymore to me its sad.
Gone is the PAC, though there's a demographic problem that is tough.

Big eight was because of money and power, PAC because of lack of money and support.

We saw it first when we headed to the Big, no one here should be surprised. We are where we are because of who we are, same for the rest. No support from conference members, some willing to get less and get by.
Same for the PAC, many of those teams willing to settle for less while the truly supported by the fan base teams footed the bills yet was brought down by low TV revenues.
I can't blame the sooners, other than the non support back in the day.
I do blame Texas, we all do, because we all know.
I don't blame SC, UCLA, Wash and Oregon, just like Okie,
UCLA is extremely lucky to be in the Big 10. But I think they're going to sink to the bottom and just use the revenue to bail out their mismanaged athletic department, without actually fielding very competitive teams (at least in football).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back