• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

P5 Commissioners talking to each other about no fall football UPDATE: Could B1G Still Be Played?

If you make the decision to drink and drive, your freedom does not justify the risk to others on the road.
Just to respond to your point, then I’m out of this discussion. No one stops me from drinking and driving. That’s a decision I make. I may make it on moral grounds not wishing to endanger others. I may make it on the fear the consequences of getting caught driving while legally intoxicated. Whatever the reason I make the decision. That’s my only point! “Justifying” my behavior is another question.

The relevant point in my argument about “risk taking“ in my position Is that every university, every team, every player, and every coach should be given the freedom to decide whether or not to take that risk. Every situation is different in all those cases. Again the reason for the discussion is now moot. The power structure has spoken and freedom has been abrogated...except possibly for our valiant risk takers. GBR

Just to respond to your point, then I’m out of this discussion. No one stops me from drinking and driving. That’s a decision I make. I may make it on moral grounds not wishing to endanger others. I may make it on the fear the consequences of getting caught driving while legally intoxicated. Whatever the reason I make the decision. That’s my only point! “Justifying” my behavior is another question.

The relevant point in my argument about “risk taking“ in my position Is that every university, every team, every player, and every coach should be given the freedom to decide whether or not to take that risk. Every situation is different in all those cases. Again the reason for the discussion is now moot. The power structure has spoken and freedom has been abrogated...except possibly for our valiant risk takers. GBR
But, you make the positive decision with the safety of other members of society.

No one wanted to force you to be within 6 feet of any college football player and I'm 100% sure they don't want to visit you. All the people actually at risk understand it for what it is, which isn't much, and were willing to take it.
Wrong! I have missed very few Husker home games since 1970. Sitting in the stands shoulder to shoulder and on top of the person in front of you is where the risk is. Also pre and post game activities with tailgating and bar hopping.

Flu vaccines work to a point or else 50,000 people wouldn't die from the flu annually (and, yes, I realize that not all 50K got the shot). The problem is with all vaccines is that the flu develops a new strain that vaccines that use to work are worthless against. This is the reality with the China Virus. There isn't even a vaccine and it has already mutated a few times (if not more) over. This is the new reality. This is the new norm. Sad to say, but the CHINA VIRUS, and not the helmet to helmet hits, the delayed post-concussion syndrome, nor the athletes wanting to get paid, etc, may be what kills off college football.
Correct.

You didn't say you evaluate the risks and act accordingly. You said "knowing there is risk involved, I would never put my family at risk". Now you change your criteria. Went from sanctimonious drivel to disingenuous. Either way, have a happy entirely risk free life.
No, stop twisting my words. You know damned well what I mean. You lost your argument a long time ago. The Big 10 confirmed that today.

Wrong! I have missed very few Husker home games since 1970. Sitting in the stands shoulder to shoulder and on top of the person in front of you is where the risk is. Also pre and post game activities with tailgating and bar hopping.

Now you are off on some rambling tangent that has nothing to do with everything.

I just noticed Goal-line saying that he has missed very few home games since 1970 sitting in the stands. Congratulations. I envy you that record. Few on this board could match that I would guess.

I've been geographically remote for a long time, but I started watching them in about 1945 in the Knothole section as a newspaper carrier, courtesy of the Lincoln Journal.
Actually, a lot of that was listening to them since we didn't have TV then. But I saw a lot of the home games by sneaking in or getting tickets at the west gates just before kickoff from fans who couldn't sell them.

All we're talking about is playing games. Whether there are fans or not is another topic. And if there are fans, the last I checked you have the choice to not go.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back