• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Our next five opponents

Best case scenario if you want a change is 3-2 or worse. Losing to one of the next 3 teams on the schedule could really put the nail in the coffin. It still might not happen until after the season but its done.

4-1 and going completely belly up at PSU could give Moos enough ammo to pull the trigger without the eyebrows raising. But 4-1 and they play well at PSU (cover or keep it respectable)...not sure its a slam dunk. 7-5 and bowl game, not glorious, but a respectable finish.

The wild card in all this is SF....because its becoming clear that SF will be the fan choice. The recent talk that SF would come to Lincoln if the call is made puts a fair amount of pressure on Moos to make the move sooner than later.

I'm honestly for what ever will make NU what it should be.

If you judge Penn State solely by how they looked against Michigan, yeah, they will completely dominate us.

But if you also look at how they played against a mediocre Iowa team, they're as susceptible to having a bad game as anyone else.

Still, I agree that it will be almost impossible for us to beat them. Every other team on the schedule is beatable.

Honestly the gameplan to beating Penn St. is exactly as it should have been for Wisconsin. Do everything you can to get ahead of them early and keep the pressure on. I saw a very interesting and telling statistic on Trace McSorely (sp) this weekend. If he is protected his completion percentage is north of 75% consistently. If he is under any pressure his completion percentage drops below 40%. That being said, it seems with both teams that if you let them stay close and lean on their run game the last quarter gets really ugly really fast. Sounds very familiar to Husker teams of old I know.

My gut tells me that 4-1 is not going to happen. But! I love the optimism and the hope. I’m going to try focusing on that instead of getting caught in the “new coaching” vortex.

I’ve seen in other threads and completely agree with: this game Saturday sets the tone for the rest of the season. Win big, hope is renewed (yes, I know it’s Purdue, but we’re still the underdogs and still are in need of a dominating game.) Lose, and the wheels are gonna come off, psychologically.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back