• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Optimistic Offense

Kobayashi Maru

Recruit
2 Year Member
Frost mentioned that when you eliminate drives with turnovers, penalties, and bad snaps, Nebraska has scored over 90% of the time. Since those are somewhat controllable and fixable, that can be very encouraging. But I’m curious how many drives we’ve scored vs not scored.

Sadly Penalties will be something we will have to deal with as long as SF is here his teams are always highly penalized. The other 2 not acceptable esp bad snaps.

Frost mentioned that when you eliminate drives with turnovers, penalties, and bad snaps, Nebraska has scored over 90% of the time. Since those are somewhat controllable and fixable, that can be very encouraging. But I’m curious how many drives we’ve scored vs not scored.

They don't seem to be. I've never seen a team that shoots itself in the foot more and over such a long period of time.

In terms of offensive efficiency, Nebraska scores .293 points per play, good for 109th in the country.......not quite as good as UTEP but better than Syracuse!

Nebraska is scoring on about 30% to 35% of its drives. For comparison, Ohio State scores .593 points per play/scoring on about 50 to 55% of its drives.

I appreciate that Frost is being optimistic, but that's a meaningless statistic. More than anything, it indicates that the O-line is not very good.

That is probably true of almost every 90% game for the past 15 years.

Probably applies to a large number of other teams too.

Don't make mistakes and good things generally happen. Shocking!

I don't know what is happening in the program but from watching the games it appears that there a discipline problem (not huge but enough that it is causing problems) and there isn't what I would call radical ownership by players for their position and of the team.

Last edited:
Sadly Penalties will be something we will have to deal with as long as SF is here his teams are always highly penalized. The other 2 not acceptable esp bad snaps.

I don't think the bad snaps are going away either. Frost continues to play Jurgens nearly exclusively even though the problems don't get fixed. Then, he even goes so far as to make ridiculous excuses (clapgate!?!?) to cover for mistakes rather than fix it.

I don't think the bad snaps are going away either. Frost continues to play Jurgens nearly exclusively even though the problems don't get fixed. Then, he even goes so far as to make ridiculous excuses (clapgate!?!?) to cover for mistakes rather than fix it.

I'm very frustrated about clapgate. We are blaming that for our issues *facepalm*. But yeah the snaps are bigger than turnovers. The snap is a fundamental thing and now I am tense before every snap. That is like 1st day of fall camp.

Last edited:
I remember when stationed in Ft Hood, Texas took a little trip to Matamoros, Mexico and then had a hell of outbreak of CLAP GATE upon our return! Oh wait... I believe ours was a slightly different type of clap-gate. :Lol:

And why do you think SF puts Jurgens out there, despite the errant snaps? My guess is that even with the bad snaps, Jurgens brings a lot to the table.

And why do you think SF puts Jurgens out there, despite the errant snaps? My guess is that even with the bad snaps, Jurgens brings a lot to the table.
He regularly gets to the second level where the rest of the line is having trouble with the man in front of him, let alone getting to the second level...

A bad snap typically ends the drive (best case) or creates a turnover (worst case). That seems like a bigger deal than not getting to second level. It's been 3 years in the system and we don't have a center that can do both?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back