• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ooops Alabama!

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
Seattle Seahawks hired both Alabama's new offensive coordinator and the offensive line coach, both of whom had followed De Boers to Alabama. Two of the shorter stints coaching at Alabama on record I suspect.

I see this as a tough transition. While I think DeBoer is a good coach, this doesn’t seem like the best of fits either. Early take is, I don’t see this first season going that well, but I could be wrong. How long is the rope they give DeBoer? Following a legend is extremely difficult. In this case, Alabama has nowhere to go but down, much like Nebraska when Frank took over.

I am sure all of the pals down there have it all figured out. :cool:
Pal, I’ll only be happy when they change the national championship trophy to the Nick Saban trophy. The greatest coach in the history of sports!!

Let’s start with, did Saban win as many nattys overall as Wooden did in a row?
Google Sam Gilbert pal, he was the booster that gave UCLA recruits anything to get them.
Wooden admitted he couldn’t handle him as things got out of control. Bobby Knight was aware of what was going on and lost several recruits because Sam had access to hotter whores, cars, and jewelry.That was a fact according to Walt Hazard and Bill Walton.

Last edited:
Google Sam Gilbert pal, he was the booster that gave UCLA recruits anything to get them.
Wooden admitted he couldn’t handle him as things got out of control. Bobby Knight was aware of what was going on and lost several recruits because Sam had access to hotter whores, cars, and jewelry.
Why? Saban won 7 over all, Wooden won 7 straight plus more.
Scoreboard by quite a bit: Wooden

Easier to win at basketball pal.
Wooden only needed 5 paid players, not 22

Your logic is off. The base probability of winning a championship depends on the number of teams you're competing against, not the number of players per team. There are 353 Division 1 basketball teams. There are 134 FBS football teams. Ergo, it's more than twice as hard to win championships in basketball than football. The numbers were almost certainly different in Wooden's day, but the general point still holds.

Your logic is off. The base probability of winning a championship depends on the number of teams you're competing against, not the number of players per team. There are 353 Division 1 basketball teams. There are 134 FBS football teams. Ergo, it's more than twice as hard to win championships in basketball than football. The numbers were almost certainly different in Wooden's day, but the general point still holds.
I'm not following this thread much so my apologies if this has already been mentioned, but probability of winning a championship also depends on how many games played. Wooden's teams played 30 games. Saban's teams played 15 max.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back