• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Only room for one Kobe: King will not attend NU

All this movement? Elaborate.

I mostly meant that I didn't expect us to have an entire roster turnover in the season and then be transfer galore this year. In the meantime, we can't get the kids in our own state to look at our program right now and yet we're lucky enough to have some of the best in the country, which is rare. I'm not anti-Hoiberg by any means, I think he's a hell of a college coach. @Red Don explained it far more intelligently than I could.

Thanks @HuskerInTexas :Salute:, but I'm just a casual observer :Redface: like many of us here.

The loss of Kobe King is a big blow, no doubt, but he still would have required a waiver in order to play the upcoming season. Who knows why he changed his mind and decided not to come to Lincoln. Hoiberg's coaching skills are obvious and I'm sure his appeal to high-level talent is not lost on in-state players.

I mostly meant that I didn't expect us to have an entire roster turnover in the season and then be transfer galore this year. In the meantime, we can't get the kids in our own state to look at our program right now and yet we're lucky enough to have some of the best in the country, which is rare. I'm not anti-Hoiberg by any means, I think he's a hell of a college coach. @Red Don explained it far more intelligently than I could.
Judging by the product we put on the floor last year i think roster turnover is a good thing at this point

Judging by the product we put on the floor last year i think roster turnover is a good thing at this point

Can not disagree. While there was a lot of talent on the floor last year, much of it was raw, undisciplined, and not used to playing together, not to mention the talent left on the bench because of lack of eligibility/waivers. While some of these conditions may be repeated this season, the turnover represents an upgrade in talent in nearly every position.

Last edited:

Can not disagree. While there was a lot of talent on the floor last year, much of it was raw, undisciplined, and not used to playing together, not to mention the talent left on the bench because of lack of eligibility/waivers. While some of these conditions may be repeated this season, the turnover represents an upgrade in talent in nearly every position.
Yep. I’m excited for the “big 3“ of transfers in Blanton, Stevenson and Walker. From what Ive heard they whooped on the starting 5 on a regular basis last year in practice.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back