• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked On to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have little problem with recruiting a small guy with great hands and speed. I'm not thrilled about an entire room full of them. We do need rangy guys with reach at the position, that can go over taller safeties and which can muscle p a linebacker. We should have at least a few of these guys on the roster.

But that is the offense you want. Also those were some of the toughest WR to EVER play at NE.
That's your supposition. Riley will never run such an offense, as he doesn't believe in it. I'm saying that the the idea that it's passé is as short-sighted now as it was in 1990.

I have little problem with recruiting a small guy with great hands and speed. I'm not thrilled about an entire room full of them. We do need rangy guys with reach at the position, that can go over taller safeties and which can muscle p a linebacker. We should have at least a few of these guys on the roster.
I actually do agree with you. However I would like to see a guy as tough as Abdul Muhammad on our team now. Remember he got shot over the summer and then played.

I actually do agree with you. However I would like to see a guy as tough as Abdul Muhammad on our team now. Remember he got shot over the summer and then played.
We may have such a player already. DPE is finally healthy again and we have a couple more coming in. I'm just flummoxed by the number of these Lilliputian receivers we recruit every year, and the absence of 6'2", 200 lb guys. Maybe they like these little guys, but it pains me to watch them getting clocked on screen passes. You don't send 5'9" guys over the middle or you risk their health on every play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back