• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked On to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Harmon
WR / 6-5 / 194
Uncommitted
Jalen Hall...'only' 6'4" but the teammate of Eric Fuller who has already committed. Also the #1 WR according to 247.

4_5053295.jpg

What ya thinking in terms of height? Ball park. English system of measurement please. ;)
6'4"-6'5" would be nice. But with kids this age, who knows how much more they will grow? A 6'2" guy might turn into this.

Last edited:
They've made it very clear that linemen and corners are gold and they plan on owning the 500 mile radius. They have a plan and they have the energy and AD support to carry it out next season. The key will be keeping these coaches happy and on board.

Our number is 13 seniors with 2 open to get us to 15, with attrition and the plus 3, I imagine our number will be right around 20-21 again for this class.

1 QB - possibly two depending on what happens between POB and Gebbia
1 RB - in the boom/bust every other year for Davis, this is his "boom" year. we may go two here as Wilbon scares me.
3 WR - didn't get to our number and you can't have your best recruiter only getting one or so guys
1 TE - this room is pretty full too, but I worry about Stoll and Snyder so we need more depth
2-3 OL - 17 OL on scholarship, but graduate 3, and you have to keep this room stocked
2-3 DT - we almost don't need 2-3 but we already have one committed from York, NE and we have too much talent in the radius not to go after
2-3 LB - the room is full, but we graduate 2 and Diaco will be able to see what we are missing
5 DB - huge year for Donte Williams and can preach early playing time with two starting corners leaving
1 K - losing Drew Brown and gotta find another kicker. we have some walk-ons that are decent, will we start that tradition back up?

That gets you 18-21. As you can see, it's decently distributed, really no glaring holes except DB and possibly WR. At DB we lose two starting corners and a safety that was a starter some this season. At safety you have four stars Avery Anderson and Marquel Dismuke to go along with Aaron Williams and Antonio Reed, as well as JoJo Domann and Tony Butler, so the cupboard isn't bare, but we will get a stud safety. At corner we lose both starters, but again have four stars Lamar Jackson, Eric Lee Jr, and Elijah Blades to help cover it up to go along with Dicaprio Bootle who by all accounts looked pretty good his redshirt year. So as you can tell, that's how things are supposed to be in recruiting classes when people graduate that we lacked for awhile before Riley got here. If we graduated someone, we had no highly ranked guys waiting. Corner is a little dicey with only four on scholarship, but that means Williams will be able to preach playing time and reel in some alphas.

Agree on all. Even if Wilbon stays, we lose Taylor next year and two the year after, so we'll need 3 in the next 2 years. Honestly, I would have rather had 2 this year, with Bradley as the bonus. Until we see something from Davis, I'd rather have 2 in 2018 as other coaches have already given him an in: Grahm Roberts from Delaware and Kirby Bennett from Bishop Gorman. If we only get one, great, but I would like to try for 2.

How much of a chance do we have with Pledger? He would certainly be my choice in the RB room.

You're never going to keep everyone happy, what usually happens tho is you have guys like Trai Mosley transfer to a lesser program because they want to play. I'll be interested to see what Donte Williams thinks of Lamar Jackson, to me, he looked out of sync at corner, and playing him there was a Stewart suggestion. With the need for a dominant safety and two starters returning and wanting to get Blades on the field, don't be surprised to see them give safety a shot with Jackson. Our lack of athleticism and speed at safety was real evident when Gerry wasn't playing and at the safety opposite of him.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them give Reed a look at LB. Blades will play in some capacity, and I think more than special teams, so there will be some movement. Jackson to safety is intriguing to me, will be interesting to see what Williams does with him.

It would be nice to get a tall receiver if possible.
Here's my guy to add to the Calibraska connection: McCallan Castles (all name team for sure) South Lake Tahoe, CA. 6'5" 220, tore it up last year: 65 catches, 15 receiving TDs, 18.4 yards per catch, 1193 receiving yards. The guy can out high point most DBs and is fast, just watch the tape. Colorado, Nevada, Duke and the Huskers have offered, we are on him!
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/mcc...?videoid=17f2a4a4-41b6-47b9-b24a-fb0c9deeafef

Last edited:
within the radius and would be a great get.

Devin O'Rourke Strongside defensive end 4 STARS
Lincoln Way East Frankfort, IL
RR: 5.8 Ht: 6'6" Wt: 230 lbs Class: 2018

Michael Thompson
Defensive tackle 4 STARS
Parkway North Saint Louis, MO
RR: 5.9 Ht: 6'4" Wt: 273 lbs Class: 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back