• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Old School Hip Hop, Whatya got?

This is worth including for 3 reasons:
1. "Got myself an uzi and my brother a nine"
2. "With one and half pair of pants you ain't cool."
3. "Now there's steak with the beans and rice."

That was when it happened for me. The first time I heard I'm Bad, I decided I was a rap fan.

First time I hard RUN DMC Walk This Way, I didn't know it was rap...just different and that I liked it. It was still about half rock, but then when You Be Ill'n I was like..wow this is crazy/cool.

Not long after getting that tape my older cousin in Omaha made me a mix tape that had "I'm Bad" on it. It's also where I heard my first EMPD songs.

Here is another song on it that got me. I don't think I ever hear this one...even on Sirius Back Spin channel.

Here is another that got me. I need to go through my parents attic to see if I can find this tape...

Last edited:
I watched a lot of Yo MTV Raps. Love the beat and the "takin out your suckas and you don't know how I did it. " I think he was basically a 1 hit wonder.

This was one I liked too...reminded me of a twisted/evil Flava Flav.

Last edited:
I watched a lot of Yo MTV Raps. Love the beat and the "takin out your suckas and you don't know how I did it. " I think he was basically a 1 hit wonder.

This was one I liked too...reminded me of a twisted/evil Flava Flav.

I used to love that D Nice jam. He was a member of Boogie Down Productions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back