• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OL Matthew Anderson Will Announce His Decision Friday 22 June

He's coming our way and I will anxiously await people to tell us they aren't excited due to the ranking.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

He's coming our way and I will anxiously await people to tell us they aren't excited due to the ranking.

I don’t have the technical background to evaluate these HS kids so I tend to look at the rating. I understand there are tons of circumstances that may leave a kid unrated or under rated though. In short, this staff has my full trust until that time they prove they can’t identify talent. Which is a big if from what I’ve seen.

One of the 247 guys pointed out on another site that a number of players like Anderson go unrated simply because rating services have yet to get around to looking at them. People have to have a little patience.

One of the 247 guys pointed out on another site that a number of players like Anderson go unrated simply because rating services have yet to get around to looking at them. People have to have a little patience.
Patience? Patience? We don't need no stinking patience!!!!!!!

The issue I have with it, is I always thought it was a myth that offers and click bait dictated rankings, then I saw it happen with my own eyes so now I don’t care for rankings much. Daishon Neal has a mediocre ranking, had a mediocre senior year due to injury, then Bo gets fired and he calls Stoops and says you should go after this kid. Stoops and then Michigan offer with Oregon sniffing around, and 247 gives him a ratings bump so it’s more likely to get clicked on by those fan bases with a higher ranking player they were going after. Recruit never changed.

I read a book several years ago now that Osborne wrote and he told a story of a recruit who was quite good but wasn't rated by the recruiting services. The recruits' dad had asked some scouts and the scouts said that the family hadn't subscribed to the recruiting service. Dad paid something like $100 to subscribe to the service and voila, kid was rated fairly high.

I think some kids are rated low because they don't attend many camps. I also think some kids get big time bumps based on who has offered.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back