• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OL Jacob Hood Is N (Transfer From GA)

He is a youngster with a high upside

Very few O linemen come in read to play

A year in the system and he should be ready to make a move

Has 4 years eligibility
I guess those of us here just have a hard time comprehending the depth that teams like Ga must have. When 4 - 5 star guys just can't see the field because there are better guys ahead of them.

Last edited:
What a frame. I always worry about these super tall guys being able to keep their pad level low enough--and hopefully we have a tall QB!

I guess those of us here just have a hard time comprehending the depth that teams like Ga must have. When 4 - 5 star guys just can't see the field because there are better guys ahead of them.
True its hard to comprehend their depth. But really, he has only had one college season and redshirted on a dominant national championship team with tons of older more experienced 4 and 5 star guys on line.

He may or may not be great at Nebraska, but I wouldn’t characterize a national championship team redshirt freshman OT as “can’t see the field’ because though true, that implies an expectation he should and isn't good. Now if we were getting an OT who started or played significantly as a true freshman on a national championship team, then wow! That would be shocking!

There are true freshman starters at OT and we have had them here, but you really hope you have a pipeline so they can grow and learn first (like Georgia does). I’m glad he has a year under his belt and will be here for Spring because he may be able to compete for time this year.

True its hard to comprehend their depth. But really, he has only had one college season and redshirted on a dominant national championship team with tons of older more experienced 4 and 5 star guys on line.

He may or may not be great at Nebraska, but I wouldn’t characterize a national championship team redshirt freshman OT as “can’t see the field’ because though true, that implies an expectation he should and isn't good. Now if we were getting an OT who started or played significantly as a true freshman on a national championship team, then wow! That would be shocking!

There are true freshman starters at OT and we have had them here, but you really hope you have a pipeline so they can grow and learn first (like Georgia does). I’m glad he has a year under his belt and will be here for Spring because he may be able to compete for time this year.
Back in the day when Nebraska had dominant offensive lines, most of them didn't sniff the field until their junior year.

Back in the day when Nebraska had dominant offensive lines, most of them didn't sniff the field until their junior year.
Yep, and they weren't the behemoths that we see today. A tall one was 6'2 or 6'3 and weighed about 260, but would just root a DL guy 20 yards or more downfield.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back