• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Oklahoma WR Charleston Rambo Entering the Portal

This would be a guy I'd love to see the Huskers go after.
Why would he transfer to Nebraska under the current circumstances? Why would he leave a team that is winning their conference and routinely has a shot at the CFP to go to a team that is in the middle of a rebuild and struggling to get to .500? He was a starter there. He’s not searching for playing time. Nebraska could pursue him but he has no reason to be interested in Nebraska.

Why would he transfer to Nebraska under the current circumstances? Why would he leave a team that is winning their conference and routinely has a shot at the CFP to go to a team that is in the middle of a rebuild and struggling to get to .500? He was a starter there. He’s not searching for playing time. Nebraska could pursue him but he has no reason to be interested in Nebraska.
Then why is he in the portal?

Could be a variety of reasons. Maybe he doesn’t get along well with his teammates. Or maybe he doesn’t get along well with his coaches. Or maybe has a girlfriend somewhere back in Texas that he wants to spend more time with. I don’t know. But I would wager my house that it’s not to transfer to Lincoln Nebraska.
Yep, could be a lot of things but I wasn't limiting my comment to only his chances at Nebraska either.

I’m guessing he thinks Mims is going to be the main receiver next year. Wherever he goes they’ll be getting a top notch receiver.

Yep, could be a lot of things but I wasn't limiting my comment to only his chances at Nebraska either.
Yeah, I truly think a lot of these kids in the transfer portal have a case of “the grass is always greener on the other side“. I think this is going to be rough on a lot of these kids when they figure out that their path to success isn’t necessarily through the transfer portal. It’s going to be interesting to watch how this portal stuff goes down. Look at JD Spielman as example. He had a great career at Nebraska and then transfers to TCU and damn near becomes a ghost. But why a starting wide receiver would want to transfer out of Oklahoma? I really have no idea. Seems like a wide receiver paradise to me. Some people just can’t find happiness where they’re at.

I’m guessing he thinks Mims is going to be the main receiver next year. Wherever he goes they’ll be getting a top notch receiver.
If your statement is true, his next program will be getting a receiver who’s afraid of competition. I would hope that’s not his reason for transferring. But like I said I have no idea.

If your statement is true, his next program will be getting a receiver who’s afraid of competition. I would hope that’s not his reason for transferring. But like I said I have no idea.
That was just a total guess. He never struck me as being afraid of competition. I hope wherever he ends up he’s successful. Always enjoyed watching him play.

rambo_poster_3857.jpg

Oklahoma starting WR Charleston Rambo announced he's entering the transfer portal

This kid sure looked very promising when he first came onto the stage IIRC. I watch way more Sooner football than I care to admit, but it sure looked like he was going to get quite a few more reps after CeeDee left. Was and will continue to root for the kid!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back