• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OK State NT Darrion Daniels To Grad Transfer To NU ( Older brother of Damion Daniels)

sounds like a great addition. maybe some support for the younger guys and bridge the transition for the new guys. look forward to seeing some tfl's and 6 or so sacks

then what IS the issue with regard to pass rush?

Do you think we continue to stockpile OLBs looking for answers so we can stop the run? Moving to the 3-4 created the NG and OLB positions, my vote is in for the NG to stop the run and OLB to get after the QB. The staff has spent very little time looking at the transfer market for DEs, I have a hard time believing it's due to lack of availability.

I think most are going off of the fact that when Big Mick was in and not injured, we were doing quite well against the run. Once he was injured we took a few steps back due to inexperience/conditioning. Mick is gone next year, but this guy can step in right away and fill his shoes, combine that with him helping lil brother get in better shape...
Definitely a big get considering he's probably better than Stoltenburg.

100% agree, but that's about stopping the run not rushing the passer. I'm not downplaying DanieIs, it's a great pick up, I just don't see it as an answer to the pass rush.

Do you think we continue to stockpile OLBs looking for answers so we can stop the run? Moving to the 3-4 created the NG and OLB positions, my vote is in for the NG to stop the run and OLB to get after the QB. The staff has spent very little time looking at the transfer market for DEs, I have a hard time believing it's due to lack of availability.
You said the past rush has "little to nothing" to do with the DL. That's just ridiculous. Even if you don't get sacks out of the interior you need them to, in a case or two, require a double team to free up the OLB. When they rush 4 it isn't JUST the one OLB they are sending that is not getting it done.

You said the past rush has "little to nothing" to do with the DL. That's just ridiculous. Even if you don't get sacks out of the interior you need them to, in a case or two, require a double team to free up the OLB. When they rush 4 it isn't JUST the one OLB they are sending that is not getting it done.

I said the issues with the pass rush have little to nothing to do with the DL. How is it that the issues with the pass rush are the DL and the issues with stopping the run are the DL yet the staff has made so little effort to bring in transfer DEs? The issue with C Davis at NG isn't rushing the passer, it's being a 2 gap run stopper. There seems to be agreement that we were better with Mick healthy at NG, is that because he was so good with the pass rush? Even with a healthy Mick you put C Davis at NG on passing downs.

I said the issues with the pass rush have little to nothing to do with the DL. How is it that the issues with the pass rush are the DL and the issues with stopping the run are the DL yet the staff has made so little effort to bring in transfer DEs? The issue with C Davis at NG isn't rushing the passer, it's being a 2 gap run stopper. There seems to be agreement that we were better with Mick healthy at NG, is that because he was so good with the pass rush? Even with a healthy Mick you put C Davis at NG on passing downs.
So since you are trying to justify your ridiculous statement. How do we fix our pass rush without making any changes to the Dline? We want details not just silly platitudes.

This isn't really an all or nothing deal. A strong interior DL will enhance the pass rush by occupying opposing OL. That doesn't mean we don't need a dynamic pass rusher at OLB. We need to be more physical across the board on the DL but the only true nose we had was the younger Daniels. Giving the Daniels brothers and Fair at NG might just make our ends better by letting C Davis play his more natural DE position.

One thing I really like is the depth that we appear to have on the DL so guys can be fresh. That should help both run and pass defense.

Last edited:
So since you are trying to justify your ridiculous statement. How do we fix our pass rush without making any changes to the Dline? We want details not just silly platitudes.

Oh gee I don't know maybe actually develop players on the roster now that we have actually seen what it looks like when players get better continue with continuity since this was only the second year we have seen the 3-4 and first with Chinander and find a dynamic pass rusher or two at the second level like every potent 3-4 in the country has?

Maybe you or someone else here can explain the lack of DE transfers while we are stockpiling LB transfers if the DL is the only issue with the defense? Could it be the staff actually likes what it has to work with at DE in the short term? Mike Dawson said coming into the season it was the deepest DL he's had to work with, that was with a healthy Mick and D Thomas. We only lose Mick.

This isn't really an all or nothing deal. A strong interior DL will enhance the pass rush by occupying opposing OL. That doesn't mean we don't need a dynamic pass rusher at OLB. We need to be more physical across the board on the DL but the only true nose we had was the younger Daniels. Giving the Daniels brothers and Fair at NG might just make our ends better by letting C Davis play his more natural DE position.

One thing I really like is the depth that we appear to have on the DL so guys can be fresh. That should help both run and pass defense.

A NG doesn't occupy blockers in a pass rush by holding his ground, he actually has to get to the QB. There were moments last year when we actually had Stille at NG on passing downs.

Oh gee I don't know maybe actually develop players on the roster now that we have actually seen what it looks like when players get better continue with continuity since this was only the second year we have seen the 3-4 and first with Chinander and find a dynamic pass rusher or two at the second level like every potent 3-4 in the country has?

Maybe you or someone else here can explain the lack of DE transfers while we are stockpiling LB transfers if the DL is the only issue with the defense? Could it be the staff actually likes what it has to work with at DE in the short term? Mike Dawson said coming into the season it was the deepest DL he's had to work with, that was with a healthy Mick and D Thomas. We only lose Mick.

I’ve read it’s hard to find quality DL recruits. I’ve never tried myself, so I am unable to verify these statements.

As to the first paragraph. What is there are no good options in the coaches eyes for DT to be developed? So then we just say "Oh well since there is no one to develop I guess we'll just suck."

As to the second paragraph. Many people have stated that although the Davis twins may not be good fit as a 3-4 DT many have said they fit perfectly as DE. As well as Neal and Stille.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back