• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ok, now this is alarming...

So you are saying we should have benched all our upper classman to give freshman experience? Or do you want to just set a different standard on the QB based on what YOU want.
The QB touches the ball every single play. The other two guys had struggled mightily at times, so I didn’t see a reason why NOT to. Simple as that. I’d have liked to see the young WR’s more also, FTR.

Certainly allows him to get his feet wet. Again, I only say this because the team was bad, so it wouldn’t hurt anything to see. What if the kid tears it up? Really nothing to lose. He had 4 FREE games. I’ve got perspective, I think. I see the same thing you see, a discombobulated team.

There were only a few games that would even warrant bringing him in, but you also have 2 quarterbacks who both need work. Obviously one isn't here anymore, but that was not known at the time.

Certainly allows him to get his feet wet. Again, I only say this because the team was bad, so it wouldn’t hurt anything to see. What if the kid tears it up? Really nothing to lose. He had 4 FREE games. I’ve got perspective, I think. I see the same thing you see, a discombobulated team.
But you only call for the head of the starting qb. Or at least for him to be replaced. What do you mean it couldn't hurt. Yes it could.

I understand a few people leaving from time to time, truly. Usually, it’s people who never see the field or very rarely. These are starters that are leaving, or people who see significant P T. Is Frost hard to play for? What is causing this? It isn’t sustainable whatsoever. Nebraska will never be any good at all losing all these players that it’s losing.
I believe that there really isn't much difference in 3/4/5 start recruits. You can take a 5 star recruit and he may have attitude problems or off-field issues and not develop into a star. This happens all the time. What make a talented HS player a GREAT college player is coaching. We should be able to lose players and develop those right behind them OR change the scheme to match the talent that we have left. We aren't losing any Heisman candidates. Give me someone that is hungry and takes pride in wearing the uniform and they can be molded into a great player. Will and Skill. Skill can be changed and improved. Eric Crouch had his mind set on being a QB in the pros remember that? I have to give EC props though because he was a badass in college.

9 win seasons?

Wisconsin 70

Nebraska 31

when it matter the most, he failed. that was always when equal physical talent matched up against him, it was a disaster. we needed the passing to keep defenses off balance and he never could do it.

Wisconsin 70

Nebraska 31

when it matter the most, he failed. that was always when equal physical talent matched up against him, it was a disaster. we needed the passing to keep defenses off balance and he never could do it.
You'd be moist with 9 wins right now. C'mon man. I know I would be in year 3.

It's just a bad comparison. All the way around.

Last edited:

I believe that there really isn't much difference in 3/4/5 start recruits. You can take a 5 star recruit and he may have attitude problems or off-field issues and not develop into a star. This happens all the time. What make a talented HS player a GREAT college player is coaching. We should be able to lose players and develop those right behind them OR change the scheme to match the talent that we have left. We aren't losing any Heisman candidates. Give me someone that is hungry and takes pride in wearing the uniform and they can be molded into a great player. Will and Skill. Skill can be changed and improved. Eric Crouch had his mind set on being a QB in the pros remember that? I have to give EC props though because he was a badass in college.
Can’t argue with much here. You’re right in what you’re saying, but, we haven’t really seen that development within, so to speak.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back