• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State Opens As 23 Point Favorites Over Nebraska

It happens more than you might think:

From that chart, can I infer that this happens about 1 time per year across all of college football? Or are there substantially more upsets just "beyond the fold" of the table, which only goes to 28.5-point lines?

From that chart, can I infer that this happens about 1 time per year across all of college football? Or are there substantially more upsets just "beyond the fold" of the table, which only goes to 28.5-point lines?
The numbers increase exponentially as the point spread grows smaller. Couldn't give you exact numbers without access to paid data sites. Not that it's common, but it's not that obscure. On a given week, usually a very minimal number of lines this large, typically only the dominant blue blood programs see them.

I think we're going to be better but the way things are now on the recruiting landscape, Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State (Georgia too but they haven't fully broken through yet), sign soooooo many of the top 100-150 players nationally that it's tough to beat them if they are close to firing on all cylinders. It's difficult to even stay close. We have a handful of those types of guys and are doing better getting those true difference makers. But Ohio State has a truckload of them.

I think with an improved running game/OL, we keep it closer than that. I don't know that we can stop their offense enough but I'm hoping we can keep them off of the field a bit.

I think with an improved running game/OL, we keep it closer than that. I don't know that we can stop their offense enough but I'm hoping we can keep them off of the field a bit.

Our defense will be no better this year than it was last year. They dropped 48 on us last year in Lincoln. I see no reason to believe that they will score less than 50 points against our defense. I suspect our offense will be better than last year, but are we likely to score 50 points against OSU's defense? I will be happy if we can get 20 points. My prediction for the final score: OSU - 52, NU - 17. I only hope that by saturday night they can put it behind them and get fired up for the second game. That second game is going to be key for the season. We need to win that game. If we start out 0-2 I worry that the team will mentally fold.

Our defense will be no better this year than it was last year. They dropped 48 on us last year in Lincoln. I see no reason to believe that they will score less than 50 points against our defense. I suspect our offense will be better than last year, but are we likely to score 50 points against OSU's defense? I will be happy if we can get 20 points. My prediction for the final score: OSU - 52, NU - 17. I only hope that by saturday night they can put it behind them and get fired up for the second game. That second game is going to be key for the season. We need to win that game. If we start out 0-2 I worry that the team will mentally fold.
I have the same concerns.

I looked and just saw the same -- or a range of +26.5 to +27.5, depending on the book. That's a huge movement in the line.

I still wouldn't touch this first game with so many unknowns. That said, if someone was waiting for an opportunity to put money on the Nebraska side, there it is.
If I can get a +28.5 or get an O/U @ 68.5 or so, I will take Nebraska to cover and the overs. Huskermax is not a betting sight I know, but with the way the other games have gone, defense across NCAA has been lacking, and points have been galore.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back