• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Official Visit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After these two (Ivy & Miller), I'm starting to think they seriously aren't going to schedule anyone for the weekend of 1/15. Seems very odd to me. Maybe there is a big fish that is going to take a "secret" visit. I have seen them trying to get in contact with some highly rated DL guys committed elsewhere recently. Maybe they have one that is going to visit and they are making 1/15 all about him.

I moved Jauan Williams back to TBD from 1/22. Rivals has him at LSU on 1/22, 247 has him at Auburn 1/23. Hopefully he still visits, but it's not looking as likely at this time.

After these two (Ivy & Miller), I'm starting to think they seriously aren't going to schedule anyone for the weekend of 1/15. Seems very odd to me. Maybe there is a big fish that is going to take a "secret" visit. I have seen them trying to get in contact with some highly rated DL guys committed elsewhere recently. Maybe they have one that is going to visit and they are making 1/15 all about him.

Yeah it seems very odd that they won't use one of the three weekends. Makes me wonder if they are pretty confident with some guys and only need the two weekends to try and fill the last few spots - and those guys are scheduled for those two weekends? You would think they would at least use the 15th as a weekend for contingency players like I mentioned with guys like Sean Foster, etc.

Maybe they use that week to use in home visits with guys committed elsewhere and try and get them to visit one of the other two weekends?

Maybe coaches will use that week to go after primarily 2017 kids and try and set up a junior day, or set up plans for '17 guys to attend the Red-White game this spring? All of the above? I'm just brainstorming because I don't know of too many schools that don't utilize all three weekends.

I'm starting to think the coaches plan on using the first weekend to have in-home visits, etc. Riley and Bray are supposed to have an in-home with Greg Simmons on 1/17. Still possible they aren't leaving Lincoln until Sunday afternoon, but based on there still not being visits scheduled, I'm guessing they might be on the road starting Friday.

I don't agree with this plan, but maybe it's necessary to convince some guys to visit the second and third weekend.

I'm starting to think the coaches plan on using the first weekend to have in-home visits, etc. Riley and Bray are supposed to have an in-home with Greg Simmons on 1/17. Still possible they aren't leaving Lincoln until Sunday afternoon, but based on there still not being visits scheduled, I'm guessing they might be on the road starting Friday.

I don't agree with this plan, but maybe it's necessary to convince some guys to visit the second and third weekend.

I think that's indeed the situation. IMPO they will hit the road to try and find new targets to visit the last two weekends. I would expect them to hit the DL hard, along with possibly DB, LB, TE and WR.

I think that's indeed the situation. IMPO they will hit the road to try and find new targets to visit the last two weekends. I would expect them to hit the DL hard, along with possibly DB, LB, TE and WR.

Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

:( I wanted him here this weekend with KJ JR.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Four star 2017 WR Jaevon McQuitty won't be making it to Nebraska this weekend. He will reschedule. <a href="https://t.co/mPtuSdShsq">https://t.co/mPtuSdShsq</a></p>&mdash; Josh Harvey (@JoshHarveyScout) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshHarveyScout/status/690251116143968256">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back