• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Offensive line health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshirts82

Recruit
5 Year Member
After reading a couple articles i was curious what everyone thought on this subject.

Does an offensive lineman have a better career in college/ better chance in the NFL if not played early in their college career. By this i mean what would you want our OL coach to do. Do you think an offensive lineman has more injuries or is prone to more injuries if they start playing young? Do they ever get healthy from an injury? Obviously issues with wear and tear are going to be more common if the play early but that will be at all positions.

I bring this up because it seems like nebraska offensive line have had their issues with health I'm sure there are a dozen examples to go either way. In my opinion if they are the best at that position play them, but would it be wise to wait till longer in there college career to start them?

example: marcel jones. Started while he was young and was hurt most of his senior year. or Spencer long started and played every game last year in 2011 but didn't see the field in 2010. long still has 1 more year and maybe to early for this example.

Hardrick played early and had health issues( came from juco)

Choi- not a whole lot of health issues

arod- few health issues still young

sirles young, had health issues

anyone else have any good examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back