• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Off Season/Pre-Spring Camp Husker Football News

I think there needs to be some blame with ownership and the general manager as well.
The Bryce Young versus CJ Stroud comparison is creating heat in Charlotte. Ownership and GM is doing what they can to protect (a) their decision and (b) their investment in that decision.

I would have never drafted Young as the list of short QBs who've failed is significantly longer than the list of short QBs who have succeeded. I'm not sure anyone could have predicted the success Houston has had so I'm not necessarily faulting Carolina on that but in a risk-adverse league why would anyone want to select Young.

Additionally if I am drafting a 1st round QB, the first thing I am doing is having complete 100% unequivocable buy-in by the head coach, OC and QB coach. They have to be unanimous on that choice and their success has to be tied to his success. The second thing I am doing is investing in an offensive line. We will need 6 or 7 dudes who have a history of good health and good performance. They need to keep my 1st round QB clean more often than not. ---- I don't think Young has had either of those things!

Last edited:

Fully agree. He's expecting it from himself now
I just hope Tommie Hill focuses on being a CB. Forget the offense. Be elite at being a DB. You may be a great athlete but if you're not focused exclusively on that end of the field you'll never be truly great. If he wants to return punts and kicks - fine but stay exclusive on the defense!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back