• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Off season chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw students tear down goal posts after 92 Kansas game.

I was pretty young in the 90s, but seem to recall being at games where the posts came down. Or at least where the posts were greased, guarded and announcements were made.

As Bils said what if some team/school made it a tradition to storm the court/field after every win? Now that would be interesting. Students having fun and celebrating with their peers. I bet there would be some minds that would explode in that scenario.

As for if it will happen at DONU? Sadly I think its unlikely.

I think the big question would be whether the University allows it. The ushers in their orange vests and deputies always line up surrounding the field near the end of the game.

Last edited:

Colorado in '94.
Not only stormed the field but down went the goal posts, one piece ending up on Corsos Game Day desk and the other one was seen traveling in and out of bars up and down O' street till the wee hours.

Since the biggest game we have won since 97 was Solich beating Stoops, my guess is the field will be stormed if we beat a top 5 but I would think the game would have to count for us retaining a playoff spot so this is something we won't have to worry about until a certain change is made

The propensity of storming the field is proportional to how crazy-making the team's play is in route to a victory and to the amount of alcohol consumed accordingly.

I did it when we beat OU in '78. Front line of the attack on the the south goalposts. There was a reason for that of course. Has it been done since?

Yep. I was at that game, but didn't storm the field because it was so freakin' cold; high tailed it to my car as quickly as possible! I remember seeing a group of students carrying a section of the goal post through downtown Lincoln...was that you? :)

These days I think a win over a top 5 team with a lot on the line might cause a mad rush.

Not only stormed the field but down went the goal posts, one piece ending up on Corsos Game Day desk and the other one was seen traveling in and out of bars up and down O' street till the wee hours.

Since the biggest game we have won since 97 was Solich beating Stoops, my guess is the field will be stormed if we beat a top 5 but I would think the game would have to count for us retaining a playoff spot so this is something we won't have to worry about until a certain change is made

One of the posts ended up at the student union (I think it was there). My roommate was part of the hacksaw brigade cutting it up, and still has a nice little piece of the post as a souvenir.

Yep. I was at that game, but didn't storm the field because it was so freakin' cold; high tailed it to my car as quickly as possible! I remember seeing a group of students carrying a section of the goal post through downtown Lincoln...was that you? :)

These days I think a win over a top 5 team with a lot on the line might cause a mad rush.

Not sure. A piece knocked me in the head and I haven't been the same since. ;)

It was storming per se but everyone was on the field after the OU game in 91...It was yucky weather but what a great day.

I was at the Big 12 CCG vs Texas and I would have stormed the field had we not been cheated... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back