• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NW thoughts.....post yours. I'll keep mine short and sweet.

NUFootballTim

Scout Team
15 Year Member
NU is winning.....NU is winning....NU is winning.......NW switches exclusively to zone. NU LOSES.

Last edited:

Any team that Webster has your 3rd most shots on the season is going to be in trouble. With Tai its about the law of averages, he does one good thing then the next time down he steps on the baseline for no apparent reason and turns the ball over. He is a point guard who has a negative turnover/assist ratio. We don't have a D-1 Center and even the guy they red shirted for half a year walked in and scored 28 points. Wasn't good enough to play for NW as a frosh but good enough to score 28 against us in his second college game ever.

Any team that Webster has your 3rd most shots on the season is going to be in trouble. With Tai its about the law of averages, he does one good thing then the next time down he steps on the baseline for no apparent reason and turns the ball over. He is a point guard who has a negative turnover/assist ratio. We don't have a D-1 Center and even the guy they red shirted for half a year walked in and scored 28 points. Wasn't good enough to play for NW as a frosh but good enough to score 28 against us in his second college game ever.
ya that is scary. Shows just how bad we are down low. And that's across the board. Evaluating and offering good talent. Developing that talent. Producing in the game. Under miles our big man play has been terrible and I fault him for that.

Since I criticize the Turnover/bucket ration I'll give credit today. 18/27. That's very good. Based on stats alone it doesn't seem like offense was the major issue...

Rebounding was a disaster. Of NW's 29 misses they got rebounds on 14 of them. That's awful. 7 of those 14 by a 6'8" guy so it's not like there was a 7 footer killing it. Tim mentioned NU played zone a lot in the second half? Hard to rebound in a zone sometimes.

Last edited:
and our zone rotations were hard to watch. either run a zone or don't but switching back and forth doesn't seem to help anyone.

We did flash somebody to the high post the first half and we made some 3 point shots. In the 2nd half, no flash to the middle, no 3 point shots. We kept trying to pick and roll off of their two man zone front and that didn't work. No place to drive. Also, on defense, IDENTIFY THE SHOOTER! We didn't and he hurt us. BLOCK OUT ON REBOUNDS! we didn't and he scores 28 points. At this rate, we will be lucky to win one game at home and zero on the road. Miles coaching is a big, big disappointment at this time. He needs to get off of the social networks, quit being a comedian and start coaching!

Seems pretty simple to me. Miles may know how to write a book, but he doesn't know to coach at this level, regardless of the talent he has. I mean, up by 11 and lose by 9. That's a 20 point swing in the last 16 minutes or so.

My thoughts? I'd place the over/under on games we win from here on out at 2.

I'm not sure I could actually take the over...

My thoughts? I'd place the over/under on games we win from here on out at 2.

I'm not sure I could actually take the over...

Looking at our schedule i have us dipping to .500 before we get our next win. 9-14 coming out of this stretch

01/02 Indiana 3 pm BTN
01/05 @ Iowa 8 pm
01/09 @ Rutgers 4 pm
01/12 Minnesota 8 pm
01/16 @ Illinois 1:30 pm
01/20 @ Michigan State 5:30 pm
01/23 Michigan 1 pm
01/30 @ Purdue 3:30 pm
02/03 Maryland 7:30 pm

Last edited:

I don't think we are nearly as bad as many make us out to be. We definitely have a lot of issues though.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Planned for this weekend. I believe the team has some issues, but I wasn't expecting a top ten team this year. This year was about growth and learning for the young guys. The staff needs to develop some players and learn some better strategy. The biggest task for Coach Miles is to find a big that can play next year. Doesn't need to be a scorer, but someone that can rebound and play defense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back