• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Numbers Nightmare

I hope you are right that he shows enough success this year to give us hope for future success. What I don’t hope is it’s a mediocre year and fans move the goal posts again to justify keeping him. After all, the majority of posters said bowl or done last year. And then somehow changed their tune with only 3 wins.
There's a lot of people who would have been perfectly fine moving on after last season but are willing to give the staff a chance and hope for the best since the decision was made. Especially since there were significant changes made.

Fair enough. I will add one last thing. If the SF supporters don’t believe SF is ever going to get us to the winning level of TO in the form of winning conference titles and Championships then why so insistent on retaining him? Let’s move on and give the next guy a chance.
The TO era was built on outstanding defensive and offensive line play. Run the ball eat clock get a lead, stop their run game and put incredible pressure on their passing game. It seems simple but it starts with outstanding line play. Gimmick offenses with fancy passing games will win some games but they’ll NEVER dominate.

There's a lot of people who would have been perfectly fine moving on after last season but are willing to give the staff a chance and hope for the best since the decision was made. Especially since there were significant changes made.
The changes in coaches, the transfers and SF allowing his coaching staff to do their job has most fans hopeful. Without the massive changes I’m not sure they’d sell out the North Dakota home opener.

Thanks to all who read the article and discussed. Lots of good takes and opinions on some amazing numbers in the article which is what a board like this is for. Can’t wait to see how things play out this year.

I’m “hoping” for a turnaround for our Huskers. I would also not be surprised for Adrian to have a great year at Kansas State. Of course we could see the opposite. Enjoy each day of summer until we get to see!

The changes in coaches, the transfers and SF allowing his coaching staff to do their job has most fans hopeful. Without the massive changes I’m not sure they’d sell out the North Dakota home opener.
You are correct with the changes giving hope. What is really weird is the hope is based on replacing the coaches he hired and failed on, transfers who are replacing top25 classes he failed to develop and handing off the duties he was hired to do and failed to do. Now he is taking a CEO role which he has no experience with and we are hopefully happy. It’s strange times at Nebraska.

Last edited:
You are correct with the changes giving hope. What is really weird is the hope is based on replacing the coaches he hired and failed on, transfers who are replacing top25 classes he failed to develop and handing off the duties he was hired to do and failed to do. Now he is taking a CEO role which he has no experience with and we are hopefully happy. It’s strange times at Nebraska.
It’s an incredibly strange time for Husker faithful. Hopefully better days are ahead.

In general it’s way true. Am by name gets blamed for our losses 20 times more than the rest of the players put together. In fact I’d say, at least on this board, his name is brought up more for our losses than Scott frost does.
What I have seen is people talk about all the discrepancies including AMs. Then you only focus on what is said about AM and talk about how he is blameless. Then people pointing out his blemishes leads to all the AM mentions. If you did not defend him so often there would be less mentions.

Last edited:
In general it’s way true. Am by name gets blamed for our losses 20 times more than the rest of the players put together. In fact I’d say, at least on this board, his name is brought up more for our losses than Scott frost does.
You are reading different posts than I am. I read most of the blame on SF and on the offensive line.

That is all in the past. We have 2 months until the next game. I’m looking forward.

Fair enough. I will add one last thing. If the SF supporters don’t believe SF is ever going to get us to the winning level of TO in the form of winning conference titles and Championships then why so insistent on retaining him? Let’s move on and give the next guy a chance.
Let’s see how this season works out. Maybe your wish about SF will come true.

You are reading different posts than I am. I read most of the blame on SF and on the offensive line.

That is all in the past. We have 2 months until the next game. I’m looking forward.
. You are right. We are reading different posts. You must have a filter that blocks the hundreds of posts about AM. Rarely is another player mentioned by name. But yea….blame our biggest offensive weapon.

The TO era was built on outstanding defensive and offensive line play. Run the ball eat clock get a lead, stop their run game and put incredible pressure on their passing game. It seems simple but it starts with outstanding line play. Gimmick offenses with fancy passing games will win some games but they’ll NEVER dominate.
It is the “gimmick” offense that concerns me most. I would prefer they play smash mouth solid football with some unique plays. TO had gimmick plays like the center around play.

I think we have the talent and coaching this year to win 8-9 games. Time will tell If Whipple can get it done.

. You are right. We are reading different posts. You must have a filter that blocks the hundreds of posts about AM. Rarely is another player mentioned by name. But yea….blame our biggest offensive weapon.
I didn’t blame anyone. I simply stated there are posts blaming aspects of the game than the QB. They also point out AM deficiencies. The posts seem to be pretty well balanced for the cause of the losses.

I’m not one to look back and place blame. I would rather look forward.

Last edited:
Like I said, it stretches back to Pelini, and Riley. In general, yes, it can’t be tolerated. I’m guessing Adrian won’t have that luxury at Kansas State this year with Kleiman. Frosts record at worst is flipped to 29-15 without all the nonsense.
Agree with you

As with most after reading the article it just reinforced what a hot mess this team has been for years. The whole team including coaches have played with a low IQ and this article highlights that in spades. Set a record for defying the laws of probability.

Just hoping that the new roster, new offensive coaches and SF not calling the plays enable this team to turn the page

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back