• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs Ohio St ~ Match #12, (L ~ 2-3), Sat., 3/13/21 @ 8:00 pm CST on BTN ~ TV (Match Thread)

OSU passed so very well. Their libero is a stud, but Knuckles is no slouch. All of their attackers were able to consistently make good ball contact and placement, not 100% of the time but that would be too perfect. Huskers are missing a 2nd OH that is consistent. Sweet hasn't played as much so I'm questioning her confidence now. Zuhn is erractic, but some of that could be attributed to not being in sync with Hames. Hames is spot on with Strivins but not as much so with any of the other attackers. You can't attribute the attack problems due to being too young cuz you see what the freshman at OSU are doing. It will still be an excellent season for the Huskers but probably not be competing in the final 4 (still hoping and wishing for their success though).

OSU passed so very well. Their libero is a stud, but Knuckles is no slouch. All of their attackers were able to consistently make good ball contact and placement, not 100% of the time but that would be too perfect. Huskers are missing a 2nd OH that is consistent. Sweet hasn't played as much so I'm questioning her confidence now. Zuhn is erractic, but some of that could be attributed to not being in sync with Hames. Hames is spot on with Strivins but not as much so with any of the other attackers. You can't attribute the attack problems due to being too young cuz you see what the freshman at OSU are doing. It will still be an excellent season for the Huskers but probably not be competing in the final 4 (still hoping and wishing for their success though).
Yeah I agree Zuhn and Sweet are both struggling with consistency. We really need one to really establish themselves when tournament time comes!

I think we only have two maybe three girls who could start for OSU. Stiv, Lexi, and maybe Madi.

We are likely the best coached team there is, but are missing a lot of big time players. Hopefully that changes next year.
But then we lose both Lexi and Stivrins....

But then we lose both Lexi and Stivrins....
True. I’m hoping Lexi stays. I think with Covid she has that option.

Gain a big setter. Hames can move to libero. Hopefully we already have a MB on roster to replace Stiv (no real replacing stiv). What we really need are OHs.

Seems like Minnesota and Texas load up on OHs all the time and we struggle there.

True. I’m hoping Lexi stays. I think with Covid she has that option.

Gain a big setter. Hames can move to libero. Hopefully we already have a MB on roster to replace Stiv (no real replacing stiv). What we really need are OHs.

Seems like Minnesota and Texas load up on OHs all the time and we struggle there.
Yes we definitely need OH’s

NU just doesn't have that go to dominate player you must have to go deep.. Most of our outside hitters are hot and cold.

Good Article Recapping the Game by Brent Wagner

Saturday was the most disappointed Nebraska coach John Cook was after a loss, with Cook frustrated with Nebraska for not playing with more urgency for every point of the match. And the defense wasn't good, especially for a coach who loves defense. Cook believes that while the offense may be clicking better some nights than others, you can always play good defense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back