• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs N. Illinois score prediction contest. Congrats @Huskerthom he wins with a 46-6. Sorry took so long I was a wee bit drunken last night.

Meanwhile, here's a handy list of those who thought NIU would win, most of whom thought that NIU would score points by the bushel, apparently, even though they hadn't scored more than 24, and that had been against FCS-level Illinois State....

NU 24
NIU 27
NU 31
NIU 34

NU 27
NIU 37

444 yards
NU 27
NIU 30

375 yards.
NU 24
NIU 31
NU 28
NIU 35
NU 35
NIU 38
390 ty
NU 35
NIU 38

Let me know if I missed any, and I'll add them in.

Last edited:
While @Elwood von Kiowa and @Huskerthom had the total score correct, this was the prediction that looks the most impressive, overall, both being so close on the individual scores and the Nebraska yardage, which turned out to be 44-8 and 525 total yards for the Huskers....

Nebraska 49
Northern Illinois 9
509 yards

Nice work, @Sodbuster! Have any hot tips on the line vs Illinois?

Meanwhile, here's a handy list of those who thought NIU would win, most of whom thought that NIU would score points by the bushel, apparently, even though they hadn't scored more than 24, and that had been against FCS-level Illinois State....

You missed mine... However, I was using reverse psychology, It worked!:Banana:

Last edited:

I paid my money to sit in the stands with a good friend to watch/enjoy the volleyball and football teams win on Saturday so ultimately I did win. :thumbsup:

I am glad you enjoy pointing out that some of us made an incorrect pick in a silly score prediction contest...hope it makes you feel better. I arrived home at 2:45 am feeling good about the trip to Lincoln and didn’t think one second about this pick em contest unlike some.

;)

Last edited:
I paid my money to sit in the stands with a good friend to watch/enjoy the volleyball and football teams win on Saturday so ultimately I did win. :thumbsup:

I am glad you enjoy pointing out that some of us made an incorrect pick in a silly score prediction contest...hope it makes you feel better. I arrived home at 2:45 am feeling good about the trip to Lincoln and didn’t think one second about this pick em contest unlike some.

;)
It really didn't make me feel better or worse. I was just doing a public service of letting others know which posters are most likely to have an emotional over-reaction to a loss. I'm glad you had a good time, fwiw.

This seems unnecessary.......

It really didn't make me feel better or worse. I was just doing a public service of letting others know which posters are most likely to have an emotional over-reaction to a loss. I'm glad you had a good time, fwiw.

FWIW...my pick was invalid because I didn’t provide the total yardage so it didn’t count in the first place. The incomplete pick has to be thrown out due to a technicality...kind of funny how that works out.

Just wondering...did you document how many people were wrong after the results of the Colorado game? :Signhuh:

:Sarcasm:

Last edited:

Just wondering...did you document how many people were wrong after the results of the Colorado game?
No, because that wasn't as much of a litmus test for panty-wadding as this one was. If you care enough to do that, go ahead and go back and check. I thought Nebraska would win, if you're curious. I thought (and still think) that we have the better team, but you still play the games.

Fwiw, when it comes to predictions, we're all wrong sometimes, and sometimes we're REALLY wrong, but I tend to notice those who are rarely ever wrong, and I especially notice those who are REALLY wrong, often, and I make a point of ignoring what they have to say. Some of the same people who were predicting =>10 wins before the season were the most upset with the Huskers not living up to their unrealistic expectations, so they "punished" the players by predicting that a team that is slightly above average in the MAC with a below average offense in the MAC was going to beat us while scoring 30+ points. Those same folks would look you in the eye and believe that their opinion is just as good as yours, if not better than yours, but that's mainly because yours doesn't always agree with theirs ... so it's not as good.

I'm quite likely more interested in the self-perceived epistemology of most commenters than I'm interested in what they have to say about football, but that's not to say that there aren't a lot of really good discussions about football on Husker Max. There are,... but not too many last week.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back