• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs. Baylor Game 2

My god guys a 19 year old kid gave up two runs in his only outing of season against a very quality opponent. We should probably just cut him now.
Sorry you're not really reading my mind

I am really worried about his psyche,
not badgering!

My point was that Hall of Fame closers have blown saves too. This is one game of a 50-60 game season. We should probably see a trend before we get all worried about a kid and one outing is not that. I imagine he knows you aren’t supposed to walk a guy after getting them 0-2. This game isn’t easy and sometimes the other team just beats you. It’s not always because someone doesn’t try hard enough or someone isn’t good enough.

My point was that Hall of Fame closers have blown saves too. This is one game of a 50-60 game season. We should probably see a trend before we get all worried about a kid and one outing is not that. I imagine he knows you aren’t supposed to walk a guy after getting them 0-2. This game isn’t easy and sometimes the other team just beats you. It’s not always because someone doesn’t try hard enough or someone isn’t good enough.

It is a very long season. And no one expected us to go to Baylor and pull off a sweep. Yep -- this sort of finish will happen to even the best teams in baseball. If we are still seeing results like today 4-6 weeks from now, I'll worry. But otherwise, we are 1-1 with a chance for a big series win tomorrow. Looks like we've got some bats this season -- hopefully I can say that without feeling I'm premature in my hope. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back