• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v Wisco

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
So how about some bball talk?

Interesting game Sunday. Wisco is notorious for making it tough to score and NU has had an awful time putting the ball in the basket. Sounds like a bad combo. Wisco is giving up an average of 56 points a game...51.5 in their last 6.

The good news is in their most recent game they didn't exactly spank PSU. PSU was within a point with a few minutes to go.

NU's over/under? 45?

Go HUSKERS, play your best game of the season so far and pull the big upset.

We could readily win this game if the 'Shooters' have a 'Hot' night. Good scoring/FT percentages, we can upset anyone in the conference. :eek:
(But it's been 'hit' or 'miss;' with a lot more 'misses' than 'hits.') Here's rooting for a 'Hot' night! GBR!
:banana:

Until we figure out how to put the ball in the basket, it's going to be a long season.

Maybe Tim can put a 'funnel' over the basket at the NE end of the court :rolfl: (every 3-pointer would be good; they score 2, we score 3).
But don't think he could get permission.
(Sure glad this forum doesn't get a lot of 'hits')

The Huskers need to come out focused and with renewed energy for this game. This is probably going to be a steaky team this year in terms of energy. It seems like this game might be time for a high energy game.

Two things.

First, with Almeida with his ankle issue, it will be interesting to see how Miles uses 7'1" Freshman Vucetic.

Second, the Huskers have a high-priority recruit, 6' 9" PF Matthew Atewe visiting the game. Hopefully, it will be a good crowd.

Last edited:
I'll be captain obvious and say that if Gallegos has one of his "off nights" that NU has no chance...same with Talley. That could be said of any game I suppose but the less skilled offensive players and the younger guys are likely to struggle more than normal against a wisco defense.

Miles wasn't too happy about the effort against OSU so I'd imagine that they will come out playing hard and if they do they can hold wisco to a reasonable score....Rey and Talley get hot...you never know.

I just hope the basketball team can hold them to under what the football team did.

I have a few errands to run. Doubtful I will be around much for the game. But just wanted to say, "Go Huskers!"

Let's hope team and fans put on a good show for Matthew Atewe.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back