• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. Penn St. Game Thread

Could be the best, but there have been some real good ones. Right now, yeah it's the greatest. I confess I told my wife I was worried about an arse kicking and that's what it looked like after game one. I also told her I thought we were a bit over rated. Then they proceeded to get better the rest of the way and at the end were playing to near perfection. It was wonderful to witness. They certainly showed me my place...

Well done ladies. Very, very well done. Doing what you did to PSU was food for the Cornhusker soul.
Now go play that way in Columbus tomorrow.
Soldier On...GBR...

From the end of the second set on, they just took control and looked like the completely better team. I just got through watching the replay, and these ladies kicked some Penn St. ASS!!!!!

OK, let me tell you how my evening went: Watched the gals get smoked in set 1; saw them rally back to almost win set #2! Now, I'm really
worried! :eek: Watched them win the 3rd set, showing grit and guts! Set 4, I see them holding in there; but, alas, Linda and I had to leave to
go to our Friday night dance.

I want to let you know, Linda finally got her boot off! She had surgery on her left foot, and was allowed to go to the dance, finally, last week,
but she was not allowed to dance. Tonight, she was allowed to go dancing, and she was allowed to dance only the slow stuff! :)

OK, so we went dancing, and she behaved, not dancing with too much motion.

Well, after the dance, we came home and watched Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-0.

OK, so Linda took her pain pill and I tucked her in.

So, now, I go to my dvr and I fast forward to Set 4. :wow: Wow, they pull it out, and
we just need to pull out a 15 to whatever win over Penn State:

Man, our Huskers go out to a substantial lead, and..................they do not let up........
and they put an awesome end to Penn States 33-game home-winning streak!!!

I am so proud of what our gals did tonight!:bow: :cheer2: :rockon: :huskerflag: :dancer::happyrun:

Way to go!!

BTW, our Lady Husker Bowling team has been deemed the #1 team in the country!

John Cook did an incredible job, getting these gals to play with heart and grit, being down 2 to 0!!!

Congrats to our Huskers. If they do not jump to #1 or #2, I would be surprised! :nothingtoadd:

Last edited:
John Cook did an incredible job, getting these gals to play with heart and grit, being down 2 to 0!!!

Congrats to our Huskers. If they do not jump to #1 or #2, I would be surprised! :nothingtoadd:

Great news on Linda! I hope she is break dancing again in a few weeks.! :Biggrin:

I fear a mental letdown tonight after the huge emotional win Friday night. I hope we keep it going.

Big time win. Maybe the ladies can show the football team how to do it.

They have been showing the football team how to do it for years but no one at Memorial Stadium seems to be watching. The volleyball team is the flagship program at the university and it has been that way for awhile.

They should make last nights match required viewing for the football team about what it means to play with all out effort and heart for an "entire" game/match.

It couldn't hurt. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

They have been showing the football team how to do it for years but no one at Memorial Stadium seems to be watching. The volleyball team is the flagship program at the university and it has been that way for awhile.

They should make last nights match required viewing for the football team about what it means to play with all out effort and heart for an "entire" game/match.

It couldn't hurt. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back