• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. Ohio Game Thread

Is it just me or do they seem out of sync. last year they looked smoother and maybe faster.

100% correct! What happened to the constant passing until there was an opening? And, what about layups? They miss way more layups than they make. Even when fouled, they are making less layups for a 3pt play.

Something has changed in their demeanor, for sure. For one, impatient more than ever. And, not taking good care of the ball. I love the tenacity of the D, but, if they don't get their offense straightened out, they will lose way more games in the B10 than last year. I am hoping it all comes together. :koolaid:

Last edited:

Actually, I thought this game was their best so far this year.

Well, its about time! Certainly the best out there!

So we are 8-4 in the non-conference, not nearly as good as most of us hoped!

But, there is time to regain and rally. A win against the Hoosiers is a must to open the conference season. So lets all get ready for that!

A loss, and its all pretty much over. (Not just for this season!)

But, there is time to regain and rally. A win against the Hoosiers is a must to open the conference season. So lets all get ready for that!

Immature post. We will likely lose that game, but it will not mean that it is over for all time. This season will be rough, but better players are on the way. The casual basketball fan and Johnny Come Latelys will melt down over a bad season, but Miles is a program builder. Just takes time to get enough players recruited. You can't do it with mirrors at this level.

Glass, at the end, was half full! Loved the way they finished down the stretch. They will only get better.

:)

I was with you until the last sentence. You kind of jumped off the bridge there. ;)

Last edited:
Immature post. We will likely lose that game, but it will not mean that it is over for all time. This season will be rough, but better players are on the way. The casual basketball fan and Johnny Come Latelys will melt down over a bad season, but Miles is a program builder. Just takes time to get enough players recruited. You can't do it with mirrors at this level.

I agree with this. I expect the team to get better during the course of this year as well as over the years. There will be bumps along the way, but he can coach and build both. We'll be ok.

We have a long way to go, but I see improvement in Petteway, Pitchford, and others on the team since the IW debacle. The NIT may be our ultimate destination, but hopefully they will continue to improve.

Do you realize how trite, how hackneyed, how "deja vu" your statements are? Do you even pay attention to Husker basketball history?
Miles' third season is so 'doc Sadler", so "Barry Collier", so "Danny Nee", so Moe Iba, so Joe Cip, so Jerry Bush, must I continue? Your excuse making phrase "it takes time" is so reminiscent of excuse makers like you from the past decades (century). This season is so old, so predictable, so................Husker men's basketball.

Last edited:

Do you realize how trite, how hackneyed, how "deja vu" your statements are? Do you even pay attention to Husker basketball history?
Miles' third season is so 'doc Sadler", so "Barry Collier", so "Danny Nee", so Moe Iba, so Joe Cip, so Jerry Bush, must I continue? Your excuse making phrase "it takes time" is so reminiscent of excuse makers like you from the past decades (century). This season is so old, so predictable, so................Husker men's basketball.

Merle, just so you know, I have been to more Nebraska basketball games than you have even thought about. First game was 1967, and I've had season tickets since 1978. Have missed about 20 home games in the past 36 years. Have been to many road games. Have hosted several teams in the old days when we had tournaments in Lincoln, talking and drinking with D1 coaches to the wee hours. Spent a decent amount of time talking to Nee, Sadler, Miles and various assistants; entire family has been involved in the program. Follow college basketball very closely. So yes, I've paid a bit of attention to Husker basketball history, and have directly experienced it for over 40 years.

if you are knowledgeable about college basketball recruiting, please share it. Sorry being a Husker basketball fan makes you so miserable. You are going to have quite a bit more misery this year. But if you actually paid attention to who we signed in November for '15, and the verbals we have for '16 and '17, you wouldn't be quite so morose.

If you really knew Husker basketball history, you would know the difference in the program when Miles took over, vs. when Nee, Collier, and Sadler took over.

I can't match you on emotional posting, but if you really want to challenge my attention to Husker basketball , go for it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back