• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. Ohio Game Thread

Merle, just so you know, I have been to more Nebraska basketball games than you have even thought about. First game was 1967, and I've had season tickets since 1978. Have missed about 20 home games in the past 36 years. Have been to many road games. Have hosted several teams in the old days when we had tournaments in Lincoln, talking and drinking with D1 coaches to the wee hours. Spent a decent amount of time talking to Nee, Sadler, Miles and various assistants; entire family has been involved in the program. Follow college basketball very closely. So yes, I've paid a bit of attention to Husker basketball history, and have directly experienced it for over 40 years.

if you are knowledgeable about college basketball recruiting, please share it. Sorry being a Husker basketball fan makes you so miserable. You are going to have quite a bit more misery this year. But if you actually paid attention to who we signed in November for '15, and the verbals we have for '16 and '17, you wouldn't be quite so morose.

If you really knew Husker basketball history, you would know the difference in the program when Miles took over, vs. when Nee, Collier, and Sadler took over.

I can't match you on emotional posting, but if you really want to challenge my attention to Husker basketball , go for it.

SH, my point was, and I think it was obvious, you are making statements that are not new, they have been made again and again. That is what I was referring to re history, and I don't retract it. My question was "do you pay attention to history when you make statements like that?"

I am glad you are such a loyal and involved fan, and apparently, past participant. I haven't lived in Nebraska since I graduated in 1957, but I have attended a few games in Lincoln, and also in Fort Worth, Ames, Iowa City, Austin, Waco, Oklahoma City and Kansas City. I made all the home games when I was a student, back in the fifties. Rex Ekwall was my favorite then, and he was also a student acquaintance.

Your statement that you have attended more games than I have thought about cannot be true, since I began thinking about each game in the mid forties, and I have thought about each game played every season since. Thanks to KFAB, I was able to listen to all the night games (which almost all were) no matter my location, including my years in the armed forces. So there is no way you could have attended that many games. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back