• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked NU didn't win many battles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
NU didn't win many battles at the Gator Bowl but they did win the final score. Lost the yardage, TOP, penalties and yardage, KO return yardage, passing effiency,. We won the turnover and rushing and sacks. Proud of the boys!

NU didn't win many battles at the Gator Bowl but they did win the final score. Lost the yardage, TOP, penalties and yardage, KO return yardage, passing effiency,. We won the turnover and rushing and sacks. Proud of the boys!
Bloodied But U:N:BOwed :wave:

By our own fans nonetheless.

Last edited:

Ultimately I think that we won the biggest battle...confidence!! Yes I think we have all acknowledged that Aaron Murray did not play. Guess what our All-Americans didnt play nearly all year. If so, we probably wouldnt have played Georgia anyhow. This was also as close to a home game (for Georgia) as you can get. This was a win over a very good SEC team. This was a bowl win with a bunch of underclassmen. Confidence fuels the intangibles in many cases. I am more excited about the coming year than I have been in awhile.

A couple of other quips of info:
- Aaron Murray played last year and I feel the game was decided by an AA fumble more than anything else. BLUF-we played well even when he was playing
- Anyone remember what our season looked like following the last Gator Bowl win? :01 from a conference championship :) just thought I would throw that in there.

Ultimately I think that we won the biggest battle...confidence!! Yes I think we have all acknowledged that Aaron Murray did not play. Guess what our All-Americans didnt play nearly all year. If so, we probably wouldnt have played Georgia anyhow. This was also as close to a home game (for Georgia) as you can get. This was a win over a very good SEC team. This was a bowl win with a bunch of underclassmen. Confidence fuels the intangibles in many cases. I am more excited about the coming year than I have been in awhile.

A couple of other quips of info:
- Aaron Murray played last year and I feel the game was decided by an AA fumble more than anything else. BLUF-we played well even when he was playing
- Anyone remember what our season looked like following the last Gator Bowl win? :01 from a conference championship :) just thought I would throw that in there.

Nice post. I think Aaron Murray vs Martinez/Long makes the injury argument for UGA a wash.

AA's fumble was a big factor, but don't discount Murray's play last year. He played out of his head that night, dropping a lot of passes into impossibly tight windows.

It should be a source of pride how NU won that game. That's the type of win that has eluded Pelini most his career, it seems. That's how you occasionally beat teams you aren't supposed to beat.

Nice post. I think Aaron Murray vs Martinez/Long makes the injury argument for UGA a wash.

AA's fumble was a big factor, but don't discount Murray's play last year. He played out of his head that night, dropping a lot of passes into impossibly tight windows.
The difference is Murray was lost late in the season giving his backup only a game and one-half to prepare while TM has been out since Oct and Long since Nov!

The difference is Murray was lost late in the season giving his backup only a game and one-half to prepare while TM has been out since Oct and Long since Nov!

Except Mason was in the program longer and has almost as many career passing attempts as Armstrong.

Last edited:
Turnovers are the key just ask Nick Saban. If we could just stop these turnover we are right back in the top ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back