• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU All-Time Sack Leader

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
EDWwegr.png

Wasn't Trev on the team 4 years not 3 as shown? I know few Huskers started as freshman but he was still on the roster so it should show 1990 to 1993?

Wasn't Trev on the team 4 years not 3 as shown? I know few Huskers started as freshman but he was still on the roster so it should show 1990 to 1993?
He probably didn't have any stats in 1990. That's just a guess though. Back under Osborne most of our underclassmen wound up riding the pine for two or three years before they finally got the starting job as a junior.

That was back when we actually had a system for developing players and a talent pipeline (beyond just the OL Pipe).

Remember for some of the older guys that they played in a shorter season, and bowl stats weren't officially calculated until 2002.

Comparing 11 games for Trev Alberts (no bowl) is different than 13 games for Suh (yes bowl, plus CCG). It's even more impressive that the older guys got better stats in fewer games.

Also, the NCAA barred freshmen from playing varsity football until the early 70s.

Last edited:
Goes to show how much of a force Suh was that Crick and Turner are in the top ten.
Yep. The interior linemen on the list are basically Suh, Noonan and Skow. As a DT, Skow was on the light side IIRC. He might have been more of a rush end or field side end (is that the term for the lighter more mobile end - I think it is base end for the bigger of the two) had he played in a four man front like Wistrom.

Im shocked RG is on there in only 2 years. He was such a beast.
And Im surprised guys like Niel Smith or mike rucker arent on there. Those seemed to have a lot of sacks

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back