• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU #1 This Week?

I think so. And right before we go to Madison. Ouch.
Said the same to my wife...crap, we're gonna move into the one slot and promptly go play a team we have not beaten in forever. We watched San Diego sweep BYU on Friday night. They are the real deal. Beat Pitt and swept Ohio State. Maybe they get the nod for the one slot this week?

Said the same to my wife...crap, we're gonna move into the one slot and promptly go play a team we have not beaten in forever. We watched San Diego sweep BYU on Friday night. They are the real deal. Beat Pitt and swept Ohio State. Maybe they get the nod for the one slot this week?
Maybe, but their loss is to Louisville who lost to Pitt, who lost to San Diego. What do you do with that? You can argue for #1 for Louisville, USD, Texas, or Nebraska— all 4 slightly ahead of Pitt and Wisconsin for now. Great and exciting season.

The huskers
No way! Bite your tongue!

Maybe, but their loss is to Louisville who lost to Pitt, who lost to San Diego. What do you do with that? You can argue for #1 for Louisville, USD, Texas, or Nebraska— all 4 slightly ahead of Pitt and Wisconsin for now. Great and exciting season.
We have the top defense in the country and we have not lost a set in a month
How does that grab you?

Given remaining schedules OSU looks good to end on top in the B1G with Wisc & Neb fighting for 2nd. Pitt/Lou, SDU, & Tex are likely to grab 3 top 4 seeds. Huskers have serious business ahead if they hope to grab a top seed. If they can eke out a B1G championship they’ll deserve the top seed but likely would get one of the other 3.

Given remaining schedules OSU looks good to end on top in the B1G with Wisc & Neb fighting for 2nd. Pitt/Lou, SDU, & Tex are likely to grab 3 top 4 seeds. Huskers have serious business ahead if they hope to grab a top seed. If they can eke out a B1G championship they’ll deserve the top seed but likely would get one of the other 3.
Nebraska finishes with Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Minnesota in its last five matches. Those, and this Wednesday, will determine if NU wins the conference. But I agree on those other teams meaning the B1G may only get one of the top 4 seeds.

Calling them as I see them CBob. And being number only matters at the end of the season. Otherwise it’s “fake first place”. For me, getting a top 4 seed is the goal.
But I do admire your enthusiasm.
Winning the conference also means something. And Nebraska does hold the record for the most total weeks ranked #1 in the AVCA poll, so it is a little relevant. A little.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back