• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Now that the Huskers are Legend Division Champs......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not me Ohio St. CRUSH em...no momentum into next year. Ohio State's undefeated season a joke anyway.

Not me Ohio St. CRUSH em...no momentum into next year. Ohio State's undefeated season a joke anyway.

i agree.
humilate Meatchicken, then Duh Ohio State can finish the regular season undefeated, but still have to stay home during the holidays and eat their hearts out.

A tie breaker is a determination for who is the champion. In fact, if you were a Michigan fan trying to say that you were tied with Nebraska after loosing to them, you would appear to be "stupid".

Not a tie.

I understand tie-breaker very well. We are only co-champions if Michgan wins tomorrow. Actually, the Big 12 and Big 10 have the same rules. In 2008, we were co-champions in the North with Missouri, but they faced Oklahoma in the conference championship game against Oklahoma becuase of the tie-breaker rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Missouri_Tigers_football_team

Check the conference standings box at the bottom right hand side of the page. Texas and Texas Tech were also division co-champions with Oklahoma in the South Division that same year. Yes, there were 5 division co-champions that year. But the tie-breaker only determines the participants in the championship game, not the division champion.

Last edited:

A Michigan win would complete the "round-robin tie" between NU - UM - Tosu and kill the Buckeyes' claims of "ownership" of the B1G. We are still Legends CHAMPS regardless...

I almost never root for the wolverines (with the all-time win total & all) but I will tomorrow.

Last edited:
One happy thought is that this would be Urban's only undefeated year in his five year career at OSU. He retires in 2016 due to severe hemorrhoids.

According to the Big Ten, both teams would be considered co-champions and get Legends division trophies.

GO OSU!!!

As long as we win the Big Ten Championship outright, I dont much care if we share the division title. I still want OSU to lose, and this is their last opportunity. :N:

As long as we win the Big Ten Championship outright, I dont much care if we share the division title. I still want OSU to lose, and this is their last opportunity. :N:

I'm with you. As long as we win the B1G. Interesting story out west. If UCLA loses to Stanford, they play them again for the PAC 12 Championship and a chance to go to the Rose Bowl. Win and they have to play Oregon. None other then Ricky Nuehisel, now a PAC 12 tv analyst, says that UCLA should dog it to play the easier team. He said he wouldn't put in his starters. Sounds like the Ricky we know.

I like to win or share the division title; that way we get to the championship game. I just love the folks who say the division title means nothing. IT MEANS EVERYTHING.

Just like the Natl Championship we shared with Michigan - they will have the lesser version.

so when do we get the legends division trophy?

10276134-large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back