• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Not the mother ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reminds me of a famous quote of a former (impeached) Az Governor: "If you are poor and live in the slums, all you have to do is move into a nicer part of town." :wave:

That's the problem, 24: If Nebraska is playing there is no choice but to watch. Don't have to listen, tho. ;)

Listen to the game on the radio. Problem solved and you don't have to move out of the slums to do it! ;)

Last edited:

Listen to the game on the radio. Problem solved and you don't have to move out of the slums to do it! ;)

Exactly what I do - video courtesy of the mothership, audio is good old Husker radio. It does give me a little satisfaction knowing that I get to miss out on all those ads that pay for the broadcast.

And hey, we get radio here in the slums!! :lol:

Exactly what I do - video courtesy of the mothership, audio is good old Husker radio. It does give me a little satisfaction knowing that I get to miss out on all those ads that pay for the broadcast.

And hey, we get radio here in the slums!! :lol:

My only problem with this is my DirecTV and the streamed radio don't match up too well. I listen to a play that was about a play ago on the tube or visa versa.

My only problem with this is my DirecTV and the streamed radio don't match up too well. I listen to a play that was about a play ago on the tube or visa versa.

Had that with netstreamed audio too. Fortunately, there are so dang many Husker fans in Az that they buy the AM broadcast, so we get it on the radio here - it's a second or so ahead of the video, but by the time my ears figure out what is happening, my eyes get to see it. :Biggrin:

I just would have liked to see NBC or CBS make a real play for it. They have enough cable channels even though all the playoff and major bowls will be on prime time.

ESPN will milk those playoffs for weeks, with 24-hours-a-day commentary and speculation, etc. CBS or NBC would get a lot less mileage out of them, in my opinion, so they'd have a harder time winning the bid. Pretty much guaranteed to be on an all-sports network.

I wonder if BTN bid on that, of if that's a direction they will go in the future. I'd love to see BTN displace some of ESPN's monopoly.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back